ValidaTek, Inc. is an award-winning Small Business that provides high-security mission-critical IT services to the Federal Government. Our commitment to excellence in service delivery has resulted in dramatic growth and an expanding client base that includes several U.S. Federal Departments. The corporate infrastructure is robust and based on industry best practices as evidenced by our DCAA Approved accounting system, ISO 9001:2015, ISO 20000-1:2011, and ISO 27001:2013 certifications, and CMMI Level 5 for Services (CMMI-SVC Level 5) and CMMI Level 5 for Development (CMMI-DEV Level 5) appraisals. We pride ourselves in being the best and only attracting and retaining the best talent to fuel our rapid growth. We promote a strong employee-focused corporate culture that provides a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their contributions and we all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
Part of a team supporting a large-scale and world-wide Enterprise IT environment covering application hosting and support; enterprise services; and infrastructure engineering services. This candidate will serve as an Identity and Access Management (IAM) developer and will play an important role in the development, integration and operations support of an enterprise-level IAM system for the Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Office of Consular Systems and Technology. The ideal candidate will have an interest in learning IAM concepts and work closely with team members to assist with IAM management, support and infrastructure engineering tasks, the latter of which requires a good working knowledge of Java programming, and experience with enterprise-level implementations of leading IAM systems. On-the-job training will be provided to administer and manage the IAM system.
The incumbent will be responsible for following:
- Using Java programming to develop IAM-based solutions such as the following:
- Custom user account management and provisioning workflows
- Custom authentication modules
- Custom plugins, adapters, scheduled jobs, etc. in IAM components
- Custom reports and dashboards using SQL scripts and system monitoring tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager and Splunk.
- Administer and provide operational support of IAM components, including, but not limited to, Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle Access Manager (OAM), Oracle Adaptive Access Manager, Oracle Unified Directory, Weblogic Server, and associated Web Servers.
- Work with application development teams to integrate enterprise applications with IAM systems.
- Work with Technical Writers to produce IAM SOPs, installation/configuration guides, and application onboarding documentation.
- Support new customer requirements for the creation of new access management policies, identity management workflows, and other COTS software configurations, as well as evolving security policies, related technologies, and new credential rules.
- Review existing processes and procedures, and implement efficiency improvements, to include introducing automation of manual activities wherever possible.
- Install and configure IAM components and apply patches and updates.
- Evaluate synchronization between IAM LDAP directories and Microsoft Active Directory.
- Use Oracle Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control to perform operations support activities, such as auditing, monitoring, load balancing, clustering, and logging of Oracle IAM components.
- Monitor IAM components; Analyze IAM infrastructure issues and work with the IAM team and other infrastructure engineers to take corrective actions.
- Provide knowledge transfer and hands-on training to other team members.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand and apply DevOps and Configuration Management concepts, processes, and techniques.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Single Sign On (SSO), Federation, and various Access Control frameworks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Privileged Access Management (PAM).
- Determine operational system objectives by studying business functions, gathering information, and evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Suggest operational improvements and recommend controls by identifying problems and writing drafts of improved procedures.
- Maintain system and operational protocols by writing and updating standard operating procedures
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems Engineering, or related field required
- Active Secret Clearance
- ITIL v3 Foundation (Required within 90 days of hire)
- Certified security professional (preferred)
Knowledge and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience working on IAM projects—preferably in large, Federal environments
- 3+ years’ experience engineering of IAM systems
- Experience with relational database management systems (RDBMS), LDAP, and PKI
- Good working knowledge and experience with Java development
- Experience in highly complex environments that manage enterprise-level systems with minimum down time; prior experience in a systems operation setting is highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication, training, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Demonstrated competency in teamwork, collaboration, written communication, and process improvement
- Ability to deal with operations issues as they arise in a professional manner
Applicants who are selected for employment will be required to verify authorization to work in the United States.
ValidaTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.