This position is in support of the ARNG Mission Training Complexes and other DOD locations. The TST Engineer provides Systems support for the MTC and any exercise support in preparation for training; primary mission of system engineering and integration of Mission Control Systems.
May support work originating any/all of the following locations/regions:
- Ft. Leavenworth, KS
- Responsible for providing operator, instructor, and technical and administrative support necessary to sustain and enhance the effective training of U.S. Army Commanders and their staffs.
- Designs, implements and maintains network configurations.
- Applies advanced troubleshooting skills necessary to manage MCS and other related system software issues.
- Provides IT Technical Support for the MTC and its functional training teams.
- Manages MCS and other related systems with IAVAs and updates.
- Provides units with a simulation training environment utilizing government provided hardware and software configured to fulfill the needs of a simulation control plan.
- Assists team members in the installation, configuration and operation of the operating system(s), security and simulation software necessary to the training environment; assists units with power hookup on pads.
- Responsible for TCP/IP networks and protocols. Tracks and reports system/software anomalies that are reported to system developers for corrections.
- Maintains necessary information assurance protocols on stimulation/simulation systems that includes but not limited to: System lockdown procedures, operating system patches, and stimulation/simulation software patches.
- Reviews STIGS and Best Business Practices (BBPs) to ensure that all Network equipment meet the required Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Army and DoD Standards.
- Analyzes progress and develop necessary recovery plans and/or alternatives.
- Ensures adherence to Company and Site Policies, Practices and Procedures Safeguard and maintain Government furnished equipment, materials and facilities.
- Coordinate required safety information through direct coordination with government leadership.
- Ensure that Government and contract guidelines, regulations, policies and standards are complied with.
- Ensures Implementation of ISO quality standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field.
- 5 years Systems Engineering experience.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated experience with disciplined system engineering processes applied to the delivery of complex, hardware/software systems.
- Significant development experience in two or more of the following technical areas: RF, Hardware, Software, Communications systems, Network and Infrastructure.
- Must meet DOD 8570.01-M Baseline Computing Environment (CE) Certification Requirements Level II. Must meet all IA training and reporting requirements AR 25-2.
- Must possess a valid State Driver's License and maintain Post driving privileges.
- Must be able to successfully pass the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Awareness compact disk--read-only memory (CD-ROM) course as a minimum training requirement.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance and meet other eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Experience working with multi-discipline, geographically dispersed teams.
- Understanding of the RMF Assess and Authorize process and Cyber Security requirements.
- Demonstrate experience installing, configuration, troubleshooting Constructive Simulation (ERF/MRF) hardware and software to stimulate MCS.
- Strong understanding of the LVCG concepts.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production database related issues in a timely fashion.
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must be able to listen with comprehension to assist fellow associates with duties/requests.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills for interfacing with military and civilian personnel.
Physical/Mental Abilities Required:
- Ability to use good judgment and common sense when performing job functions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks at the same time under stressful conditions.
- The highest level of confidentiality and loyalty is required.
- Office environment, occasionally outdoors. Occasional exposure to natural conditions existing at different location around the US.
- Work Week: Monday-Friday (may vary based on mission requirements)
- Work Hours: 0800 - 1700 (may vary based on mission requirements)
- Overtime: As Required
- Travel: Often
The following terms are used to describe the percent of time spent performing the physical factors below:
Occasionally (1%-33%) - Frequently (34%-66%) - Continuously (67%-100%)
Standing: occasionally Reaching: occasionally
Walking: occasionally Stretching: occasionally
Lifting: occasionally Pushing: occasionally
Moving: occasionally Pulling: occasionally
Bending: occasionally Climbing: occasionally
Stooping: occasionally Balancing: occasionally
Twisting: occasionally Kneeling: occasionally
Crouching: occasionally sitting: occasionally
Equipment/ Tools Used:
- Common office equipment -- Computer, fax machine, copier, multi-line telephone and motor vehicle.
The foregoing statement of qualification and representative work performed is only by way of illustration of the experience and ability required for the work and is not any limitation or description of the scope of the work assignments which may be required of this job.
· Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
· Conform to all Safety Instructions given by those with a higher responsibility for Health and Safety.
· Report all hazards, potential hazards or dangerous situations, including damaged or mislaid personal protective equipment to your Supervisor or Safety Representative.
· Report Environmental impacts, anything that results in a change to the Environment as a result of Valiant's activities, products or services.
· Participate in the achievement of Valiant's QHSE objectives and targets, both those at departmental and company level.
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTICE: Valiant Integrated Services NEVER asks job applicants to issue any payment or service fees to Valiant or its recruiters as part of our application process. Before providing any personal information to outside parties, verify that the job you are applying for appears on our Careers site.
Valiant Integrated Services
Why Work Here?
Awesome, growing company with lots of opportunity