Works under the direction of the WRAIR O/M Project Manager. The IJO Project Manager is fully responsible for all tasks assigned referring to his/hers supervisor(s) for only those matters impacting projects outside their jurisdiction, requiring higher level intervention, requiring policy formulation, or matters likely to generate significant interest or controversy. Work is reviewed for the attainment of contract requirements, customer satisfaction, and project results.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the efficient and effective coordination and execution of the contractual requirements for all aspects of Independent Job Orders (IJO's) including; Defining project requirements, SOW/RFP development, bid process, bid review, contract execution, project closeout, invoicing, Quality Control (QC), documentation and safety. Applies an extensive knowledge of Facility Management concepts, principles, methods, practices, and processes related to contract management. The position requires a technical background and experience in various functions; a knowledge and understanding of contracting procedures and authorization processes and government regulations; and a strong management background with conflict resolution skills and negotiations. The Project Manager is required to integrate customer requirements and participation into a comprehensive and aggressive management plan that is fully coordinated with all functional elements within the company's responsibilities and expectations; control and manage assigned project's budget(s), staffing and schedule assuring that the company's commitments to the customer and quality services are met; and serve as the company's main point of contact for customer and other external agencies on the assigned projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities;
▪ Project Manager is responsible for the overall management, control, coordination, and execution of contract compliance as they pertain to IJO initiatives. As Project Manager, implements corporate decisions, guidance, laws, regulations, and policy in the performance of the project.
▪ Will provide schedule development, technical direction, and coordinate internal and subcontracted resources.
▪ Will provide supervision of all staff including union and nonunion personnel.
▪ Ensures that all safety rules and regulations are followed by all employees and that quality control is an integral part of Valiant's work performance; shall be engaged with sufficient education, training and experience to perform responsibilities and shall have sufficient management experience, thus maintaining the level of excellence expected by Valiant. He/she will have the ability to communicate complex facility/plant/communications equipment repair and/or replacement projects, intricate work schedules, work plans, SOW, and detailed cost estimates and will serve as the point of contact for work control. The IJO Project Manager will ensure schedule and cost goals are being met and that the SOW on this project is completed satisfactorily.
▪ Ensures that Site Security is in accordance with the primary contract and/or as defined/instructed by the Contracting Officer. Enforces site safety in accordance with the primary contract and the approved Site Safety and Health Plan (Accident Prevention Plan). Controls and manages project milestones and budgets from planning through operations. Reviews project progress measuring performance and taking necessary corrective actions to maintain agreed upon schedule and cost. Based on performance trends ensures proper resolution of issues raised. Reconciles customer concerns assuring that all participating parties are informed of project progress, issues, and impacts.
▪ Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project. Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project and arranges assignment of project personnel. Confreres with project staff to outline work-plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority. Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required. Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies. Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
▪ Ensures all contract deliverables including reporting requirements are met on time.
▪ Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
▪ Technically qualified in the field of research laboratory management and should have BS degree in engineering or architecture or 10 years' experience in trades or facility/project management. Experience in research, laboratory, or medical facility maintenance or the Army Corps of Engineers will be given special consideration.
▪ Be available, by phone, 24 hours per day (Monday through Sunday, including holidays).
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTICE: Valiant Integrated Services NEVER asks job applicants to issue any payment or service fees to Valiant or its recruiters as part of our application process. Before providing any personal information to outside parties, verify that the job you are applying for appears on our Careers site.