Valiant is seeking a Maritime Analyst who can help MSTP create the maritime portion of a learning environment while leveraging knowledge and understanding of the Navy's Maritime Operations Center (MOC) and Composite Warfare Commander (CWC) doctrine and processes.
- Help create a productive naval/maritime integration learning environment through collaborative exercise planning with MAGTF Staff Training Program (MSTP) personnel, Marine and Navy staffs, plus senior mentors.
- Advise the Training Audience (TA) on naval/maritime integrated planning at the conceptual, functional, and detailed levels.
- Analyze naval/maritime processes to include integration with other warfighting functions to identify strengths and weaknesses in preparation for and during an exercise.
- Analyze problem areas and suggest feasible solutions based on in-depth knowledge of naval/maritime integration to include Maritime Operations Center (MOC) processes, Composite Warfare Commander (CWC) and joint doctrine.
- Prepare academic presentations, lead seminars and provide instruction on a variety of naval/maritime topics to Field Grade and General Officers.
- Review, write and comment on Marine Corps and Navy related documents.
- Participate in and conduct critical reviews of exercise operations orders and plans, providing detailed analysis of naval/maritime topics.
- Assist in reviewing classified and unclassified material; recommend for use in exercises, reports, and briefings.
- Observe and provide training, product/process review, and after-action feedback to elements of the MAGTF during MSTP exercises.
- Screen and review naval/maritime material for possible inclusion into Higher Headquarters Boards and Working Groups during MSTP exercises.
- Build and maintain a library of data related to naval/maritime operations
to include official doctrine, publications, papers, SOPs, historical
accounts and emerging concepts.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a Maritime Operations
Program of Instruction (POI) for training MEF and MEB staffs.
- Attend Operational Advisory Groups (OAGs) and related conferences advising on naval/maritime trends with MSTP equities in mind.
- Work closely with the MSTP Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA) Detachment and various subject matter experts (SMEs) during MSTP exercises in terms of providing a maritime context to the framework and responses we provide the TA.
- Attendance at Intermediate Level School, such as the College of Naval Command and Staff, or completion of equivalent nonresident course.
- Minimum six years of operational experience employing naval/maritime systems or serving on a naval staff.
- Participation in real world operations and/or military exercises.
- US Passport.
- Minimum Secret clearance with Top Secret/SCI eligibility.
- Attendance at the Naval War College (NWC) or equivalent Top-Level School.
- Completion of a SAW equivalent course of study.
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTICE: Valiant Integrated Services NEVER asks job applicants to issue any payment or service fees to Valiant or its recruiters as part of our application process. Before providing any personal information to outside parties, verify that the job you are applying for appears on our Careers site.