This position is a fulltime Non-Exempt (hourly) position, supporting the ARNG Mission Training Complexes and other DOD locations. The Multi-Resolution Federation (MRF) Simulation Technician provides support to the MTC and other training facilities/deployed sites (as required).
- Candidate will Serve as the local hardware, software and functional expert for MRF Technical Control Forward, WARSIM-BDE, WIM, JLVC/ERF, Low Overhead Stimulation (MCST, ALOTT, ILOD etc.), and ERF to answer questions concerning operation of the system and to troubleshoot problems and provide configuration management on software/hardware systems.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas, to include, but not limited to FIRESIM, JCATS, JDLM, MUSE, SIMPLE.
- Ensures adherence to Company and Site Policies, Practices and Procedures appropriately using authority to conduct or recommend employee disciplinary actions accordingly.
- Safeguard and maintain Government furnished equipment, materials and facilities.
- Coordinate required safety information through direct coordination with government leadership.
- Ensure that Government and contract guidelines, regulations, policies and standards are complied with.
- Educational Equivalent: Minimum of AA/AS degree in relevant field (BA/BS preferred).
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years' experience in the LVC-G field. Demonstrated experience in Live, Virtual, Constructive, Gaming (LVCG) federations, models, systems, tools and Mission Command Systems (MCSs); Military Experience (Preferred).
- Specific Knowledge: Possess a good working knowledge of all aspects of Military Intelligence functions/operations, ISR mission requirements, training and planning, along with a knowledgeable understanding of connectivity and capabilities of all Military intelligence systems. Experience working in a high security environment and management of classified equipment; Understand the Risk Management Framework (RMF) certification and accreditation process and Information Assurance (IA) requirements.
- Licenses/Certifications/Registrations, etc.: Must meet DOD 8570.01-M Baseline and Computing Environment (CE) Certification Requirements Level II. Must meet all IA training and reporting requirements. Must possess a valid State Driver's License and maintain Post driving privileges. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance and meet other eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Must be able to successfully pass the Defense Information System Agency (DISA) Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Awareness compact disk--read-only memory (CD-ROM) course as a minimum training requirement.
- Communication Skills: Able to read, write and speak fluent English. Must be able to listen with comprehension to assist fellow associates with duties/requests. Must have excellent verbal communication skills for interfacing with military and civilian personnel.
- Physical/Mental Abilities Required: Ability to use good judgment and common sense when performing job functions. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks at the same time under stressful conditions. The highest level of confidentiality and loyalty is required.
Position: Office environment, occasionally outdoors. Occasional exposure to natural conditions existing at different location around the US.
Work Week: Monday-Friday (may vary based on mission requirements)
Work Hours: 0800 - 1700 (may vary based on mission requirements)
Overtime: As Required
The following terms are used to describe the percent of time spent performing the physical factors below: occasionally (1%-33%); frequently (34%-66%); continuously (67%-100%).
Standing: occasionally Reaching: occasionally
Walking: occasionally Stretching: occasionally
Lifting: occasionally Pushing: occasionally
Moving: occasionally Pulling: occasionally
Bending: occasionally Climbing: occasionally
Stooping: occasionally Balancing: occasionally
Twisting: occasionally Kneeling: occasionally
Crouching: occasionally Sitting: occasionally
Common office equipment -- Computer, fax machine, copier, multi-line telephone and motor vehicle.
OTHER WORK-RELATED DUTIES AS MAY BE ASSIGNED
The foregoing statement of qualification and representative work performed is only by way of illustration of the experience and ability required for the work and is not any limitation or description of the scope of the work assignments which may be required of this job.
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
- Conform to all Safety Instructions given by those with a higher responsibility for Health and Safety.
- Report all hazards, potential hazards or dangerous situations, including damaged or mislaid personal protective equipment to your Supervisor or Safety Representative.
- Report Environmental impacts, anything that results in a change to the Environment as a result of Valiant's activities, products or services.
- Participate in the achievement of Valiant's QHSE objectives and targets, both those at departmental and company level.
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTICE: Valiant Integrated Services NEVER asks job applicants to issue any payment or service fees to Valiant or its recruiters as part of our application process. Before providing any personal information to outside parties, verify that the job you are applying for appears on our Careers site.
Valiant Integrated Services
Why Work Here?
Awesome, growing company with lots of opportunity