The General Ledger Accountant is accountable for creating journal entries and assembling supporting documentation, as well as for tracking the contents of accounts, creating portions of the financial statements.
* Assist in month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
* Assist in quarterly balance sheet and P & L Fluctuation Analysis
* Assist in monthly expense variance analysis
* Reconcile inter-company transactions and foreign currency accounting
* Assist to ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies
* Manage Fixed Assets
* Balance sheet accounts reconciliations
* Monthly bank reconciliations
* Collect pertinent information for 3rd party audits
* Interface with management in various departments, operations, IT and legal.
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
* Strong technical accounting background.
* At least two years general ledger accounting experience is required
* Ability to travel up to 20%
* Strong Excel and database skills
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Team player and have ability to work independently
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to interact effectively with all levels throughout Company organization
* Cost Point financial application
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
* Must be able to work in a sitting position for 8 or more hours per day
* Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds on a regular basis and up to 50 pounds as needed
* Must be able to travel to job locations by automobile and/or commercial airline
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation.
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do.
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide.
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTICE: Valiant Integrated Services NEVER asks job applicants to issue any payment or service fees to Valiant or its recruiters as part of our application process. Before providing any personal information to outside parties, verify that the job you are applying for appears on our Careers site.