- Maintain industry certification in accordance with DOD 8570.01-M and DODD 8140.01 for IAT Level II
- Maintains security of systems by following industry and client standards; reviews log files to detect suspicious behavior and activity; performs research to determine required improvements; and develops and documents procedures
- Maintains accurate data on the systems by ensuring consistency with peer systems and with operational/billing systems
- Maintains documentation of system configurations
- Employs automatic reporting systems on all critical services to ensure that problems are reported as quickly as possible. Reports major problems as discovered
- Performs research and development to stay abreast of industry trends and new technologies
- Performs recurring studies of network fabric/matrices to identify and predict exhaustion of available resources
- Limits necessary "down-time" to predefined maintenance windows and communicate all scheduled outages well in advance of the actual event
- Stays current on the latest software and hardware versions of network elements and makes timely recommendations where appropriate for upgrades and additions to the network
- Maximizes efficiency of hardware, software and services
- Other Duties as assigned
- CompTIA Security+
- DoD Secret security clearance
- Desired Skills, Education, and Certification:
- Associate degree in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- 2-3 years of experience commensurate with the position
- Take reasonable care for the Health and Safety of yourself and other persons who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
- Conform to all Safety Instructions given by those with a higher responsibility for Health and Safety.
- Report all hazards, potential hazards or dangerous situations, including damaged or mislaid personal protective equipment to your Supervisor or Safety Representative.
- Report Environmental impacts, anything that results in a change to the Environment as a result of Valiant's activities, products or services.
- Participate in the achievement of Valiant's QHSE objectives and targets, both those at departmental and company level.
INTEGRITY - Honesty, Trust and Respect in every situation
EXCELLENCE - Performance, Effectiveness, Quality, and Safety in everything we do
INNOVATION - Embracing new ideas and best practice in every service that we provide
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTICE: Valiant Integrated Services NEVER asks job applicants to issue any payment or service fees to Valiant or its recruiters as part of our application process. Before providing any personal information to outside parties, verify that the job you are applying for appears on our Careers site.
Valiant Integrated Services
Why Work Here?
Awesome, growing company with lots of opportunity