Valiant Harbor International is seeking an enterprising Administrative Specialist to provide support to the Department of the Navy’s Directives & Records Management Division (DRMD) located at the Pentagon in Arlington, VA. Applicants must have a passion for their work, be innovative, analytically oriented, and possess strong verbal and written communication skills. The ideal applicant will have a demonstrated and comprehensive understanding of Naval Directives and Records Management.
Location: Arlington, VA – Pentagon
Position Availability & Type: Full-Time position
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Support the assessment, compliance, communication, and implementation of the government’s Records Management (RM) standards for the Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV) and Chief of Naval Operations (CNO).
- Support the drafting and implementation of policies and solutions that manage records from creation to destruction, including efficient decisions, reducing storage costs, and providing benefit to various Department of the Navy (DON) communities.
- Provide entry-level and advanced records management training, (for the DON Record Group working group) assist in the development and processing of records schedules within the National Archives and Records Administrations (NARA) Electronic Records Archive (ERA), and process all DON and NARA records transmittal forms that come through DRMD.
- Provide briefs, inputs, and white papers to DRMD leadership, to include efforts related to the National Archives and Records Administration and Federal Records Center (FRC) reports.
- Assist in creating, testing, and deploying the Tasking, Records, and Consolidated Knowledge Enterprise Repository (i.e., DON TRACKER) Records Management Application.
- Continue to support the Hewlett Packard Records Management (HPRM) application until it sunset.
- Make recommendations for updates to policy, standards, and guidelines for records managers to follow.
- Provide sustainment support for the on-going deployment of the Enterprise Records Management Solution (ERMS) within and outside the Next Generation Enterprise Network (NGEN).
- Conduct periodic assessments and provide reports of SECNAV / CNO textual and electronic records holdings at the office and organizational level.
- Utilize a Document Analytical approach to records management via a DON procured file analysis tool to reduce the size of records collections throughout the DON.
Citizenship and Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must possess an Active Secret Clearance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities - Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree or higher desired.
- Must have three (3) years’ experience working directly with Federal executive level agencies, DoD /Navy records functions, directives, and instructions required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office including MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Access, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Must be able to produce briefing slides, metric charts, program schedules, and organizational charts.
- Desired: experience working directly with DON TRACKER.
- Desired: National Archives and Records Administration Federal records management certification.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. VHI has highly competitive benefits, excellent employee development opportunities and a great work environment. For more information on benefits, follow the link: https://www.valiantharbor.com/careers-1-1
EEO Statement: Valiant Harbor International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Valiant Harbor International prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other protected class.