Onsite Emergency Medical Technician (EMT-B) (EMT-P)
Valhalla Medics New York, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $25 Hourly
- Benefits: medical,
Valhalla Medics is a HIPAA compliant on-site medical services group that specializes in SARS-COV-2 safety for sets, events, and businesses. We are currently looking for EMTs and Paramedics for onsite EMS, COVID Compliance, and covid-19 testing.
We are looking for knowledgeable and confident medical technicians with the ability to work independently. The onsite EMT-B is responsible for maintaining a safe work environment by providing competent COVID screenings for employees and visitors. They are able to recognize and treat any medical condition with appropriate technique equipment and follow HIPPA guidelines/regulations while handling confidential information discovered during screenings.
To maintain a safe working environment on set we offer testing services for productions across the Metro and tri-state area. We are looking for qualified techs who are willing to train to administer several types of COVID-19 tests. EMT-B's will be assisting with test administration on-set. There will be opportunities for our techs to conduct in-home/concierge testing for our clients.
Valhalla Medics techs also conduct employee screenings and provide onsite testing and COVID compliance for events and weddings.
- Provide triage, first aid and/ or referral to outside medical provider, if indicated
- Check temperatures and follow guidelines if abnormal
- Maintain patient confidentiality and perform all care with respect for patient rights
- Enforce mandatory PPE protocol and distribute masks to those who need it
- Monitor job site to ensure all workers are following the standard for COVID-19 social distancing to ensure safe work practices
- Acquire samples of potentially infectious bodily secretions from individuals after obtaining consent for testing via multiple different methods (including but not limited to: nasal swabs (various types), oral swabs, saliva samples, and fingerstick blood sampling
- EMT- Basic Certification (minimum)
- Valid CPR Card
- Must have reliable transportation
- Be able to properly wear required PPE for up to 12 hours per shift
- Must be adaptable and upbeat
- Punctuality is deal breaker - our clients can't get to work unless we do!
- Willing to travel (preferred)
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule as most of the work is based on production schedule (which can be unpredictable at best)
When applying please specify if you are looking for part-time, full time or contract work.
Locations: NYC, 5 boroughs, long island, tri-state area
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Full time
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
Valhalla MedicsWhy Work Here?
Valhalla Medics is highly successful new company staffed by hardworking, energic, and entrepreneurial minded people.
Valhalla Medics is an onsite medical services group serving events, productions, performances, and sporting events.
AddressNew York, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Valhalla Medics