GTAW Welder Level 3
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision,
GTAW Welder Level 3 - Texas
Round Rock, TX
Valex Corp is looking for a GTAW Welder to join its team in Round Rock, Texas. Below are the duties, qualifications, and some environmental information relating to the position.
- Assembly, fabrication, and GTAW of high purity stainless steel process piping systems for semiconductor, medical pharmaceutical, food and beverage, and aerospace industries
- Programming, set-up and running of various welding machines. Combining manual GTAW machines and automated orbital welding machines to weld stainless steels and other high purity alloys
- Be proficient in welding all positions: 1G, 2G, 5G, 6G, and using a positioner
- Be proficient in complete joint penetration on square butt joints, and fillet welding of Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Hastelloy, Inconel, and Titanium. Thickness ranging from .035”-.125” tubing and up to 6” Sch. 40 pipe
- Maintain a rejection rate of 3% or below
- Understand AWS weld symbols
- Must be able to interpret welding procedure specifications
- Manufacture product that meets customer requirements and expectations. Inspect and verify work before submitting for inspection.
- Fabricate within dimensional tolerances as low as 0.010” and angle tolerances as low as 0.5 degrees
- Comply with safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and regulations
- Work as a team member to aid others in encouraging and maintaining departmental standards including quality and on-time delivery goals
- Assist the shop with general upkeep
- Record and track daily operations
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with GTAW welding process and supporting functions for tube weldment manufacturing
- Must have knowledge of welding with internal argon purge achieving 10 PPM
- Must have knowledge of metallurgy, primarily stainless steels
- Basic PC skills for manufacturing
- Working knowledge of 6S and Lean principles
- Working knowledge of copy exact and documentation control
- Basic math skills; add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Competency in blueprint reading, geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to communicate effectively with other employees read, write, and comprehend simple instructions
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use various inspections tools: calipers, protractor, height gage, etc.
- Ability to use various shop tools
- High School diploma preferred; and/or equivalent
- One year certificate from college, technical school, as in welding, or equivalent work experience preferred.
- ASME AWS Certifications are a plus but not required
- 5+ years of GTAW experience
- Work will be performed primarily in a manufacturing environment
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; and talk or hear
- Regularly required to sit. must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Environment includes moderate noise levels and manufacturing equipment
- Environment includes inert gasses
- Environment includes cleaning materials (Ex. IPA, De-Greasers, De-Ionized water)
AddressRound Rock, TX
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?