Director of Tolling Sales - US and Latin America
- Posted: over a month ago
Valerann is a growing Active Traffic Management and Smart Cities start-up based in London and Tel Aviv. We work with the world’s largest road transportation infrastructure operators to empower them to become data-driven organizations. Through our work and partnerships, we look to reshape the way operators use data to make traffic safer and more efficient with an eye toward the future and supporting autonomous vehicles. If you want to be part of a dynamic and award-winning start-up and help shape mobility's future, join Valerann!
Our road network traffic monitoring & operational management solution is based on unique vehicle-level data fusion. We ingest streams of data (traditional ITS devices, IoT, video streams, and social feeds) into our cloud environment and run machine learning algorithms with them. These algorithms identify various traffic issues and provide real time event information and insights to vehicles and traffic control centers. We have had great success thus far and are quickly taking things to the next level.
What are we looking for?
Our team is looking for a Director of Tolling Sales – US and Latin America to drive growth by helping spread our innovative technology to roads around the US and Latin America. Our aim as a whole is developing long-term commercial relationships with road operators, toll concessionaires, and road authorities (State and Local Departments of Transportation).A senior member of the sales team, Valerann’s Director of Tolling Sales will be responsible for both strategic sales planning and organization as well as tactical opportunity pursuit. From identifying target geographies within the US and Latin America and determining the right go-to-market to actively securing business with customers, this is an opportunity have a key, influential role within our team.
- Effectively identify/create, qualify, nurture, pursue, and close opportunities in line with Valerann’s sales process.
- Using Valerann’s CRM tool, grow and maintain a pipeline of contacts, client organizations, and project opportunities ensuring appropriate coverage of sales targets.
- Proactively engage with customers to properly position Valerann and our offerings in advance of formal procurement announcements or RFPs.
- Brief the business on opportunity structure, competition, Valerann’s strengths in relation to the scope and context, and our winning strategy.
- Lead and direct pursuit/bid teams through direct, RFI/RFP, and other opportunity frameworks.
- Work collaboratively with internal team members and external channel and/or go-to-market partners.
- Develop and execute strategic account plans to proactively engage with key customers.
- Secure, plan, and lead customer meetings, workshops, and demonstrations in person and remotely.
- Build in-depth knowledge of Valerann’s offerings and value propositions.
- Engage with market stakeholders and influencers (consultants, engineering firms, academia) to educate them on Valerann’s offerings and uncover collaboration opportunities.
Represent Valerann at industry associations, trade shows, and other events
RequirementsWhy is this opportunity right for you? You have the following:
- Proven track record of success selling into public and private sector customers.
- At least eight years of sales experience; medium, large, or enterprise sales experience preferred.
- At least three years of experience in the Tolling and Intelligent Transportation Systems industry.
- Ability to manage and negotiate complex deals involving multiple stakeholders.
- Existing industry and customer decision-making contacts at Executive and Senior levels.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strategic instincts along with emotional intelligence for influencing, persuading, and winning the deal.
- Highly motivated self-starter able to operate with limited oversight.
- Superior networking skills.
- Organized with strong attention to detail.
- Location preference: Southern US.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Competitive compensation.
- 401k with employer matching.
- Private healthcare plan.
- Work from home.
- Stock Option Plan.
Other Personal Benefits
- Unique opportunity to take a leading role in a category-defining company transforming how road network transportation is managed.
- The ability to profoundly impact Valerann’s growth while enabling customers to use life-saving technology in the process.
- You will be joining a growing organization with opportunities for career development and advancement.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States of America. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsorship for work authorization in the United States of America now or in the future.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?