In this role you will have the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Interface, partner, and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
- Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
- Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and application designs
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Strong hands-on experience in native AWS Glue ETL engineering, operationalization, automation build out, integration with other native AWS services and CICD using Python, Perl and AWS APIs.
Very strong hands on AWS experience in administration, configuration, design and platform technical systems engineering in Glue, Python and AWS Services.
Extensive experience in Application migrations to Cloud. Provide support for Applications running in Cloud and on-premise.
Strong understanding and hands on experience in Linux, Oracle 12C/19C and Netezza databases.
Must have excellent communication, time management, and technical presentation skills.
Must be detail oriented and possess strong problem-solving skills and be able to provide consulting services to internal customers and stakeholders.
AWS solutions architect and/or AWS developer certification is preferred.
Experience in Talend in AWS environment is preferred.
Experience in migrating ETL applications from on-premise to AWS is strongly desired.
Experience in automating Informatica tech stack upgrades framework using scripting languages like Python, Perl or UNIX.
Ability to understand big picture, identify areas of efficiency and have worked to implement ideas into solutions.