The primary function of the Crisis Care Specialist is to assist consumers who are experiencing a mental health crisis in a safe and supportive crisis residential facility who would likely be at risk of a psychiatric hospitalization without early intervention. This position involves one-to-one crisis stabilization support for mental health consumers by assisting consumers to achieve short-term crisis related goals to become more self-sufficient to manage their mental illness. Crisis Care Specialists will provide crisis diversion supports by building skills of relapse prevention, symptoms management, medication management, building natural & social supports and connecting with additional treatment services as needed.
The Crisis Care Specialist will receive training that includes, but is not limited to, an orientation to mental illness, crisis intervention & stabilization, relapse prevention & coping skills, medications, general treatment approaches, dealing with emergency needs, basic counseling skills, CPR, First Aid, Managing Aggressive Behaviors, Suicide Assessment, Working with Addicts, Professional Standards & Ethics and clinical documentation. Hours of Crisis Care Specialists will be in response to consumer’s needs in an acute residential setting, which includes shift work for day, evening, night, weekend and holiday shifts.
• High school diploma or GED required as well as 2 year of experience working with individuals with mental illness or in the human services field.
• Individual must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must have a valid Kansas driver’s license and reliable transportation with auto insurance.
• Be able to pass criminal background check and DCF Child & Adult Abuse Registry check.
• Requires knowledge of basic computer skills.
• Must be able to complete required KsTrain online trainings and program trainings.
• Must be able to perform day-to-day physical requirements of the position, including but not limited to- 20% of scheduled time; data entry, answering the phone and computer work, 80% of scheduled time; ability to lift up to 25 pounds, frequently moving around the building and community, repetitive moving, carrying and lifting as the job demand.
• Ability to work day, evening, night, weekend & holidays shifts based on the needs of the program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent engagement and assessment skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Ability to communicate effectively and be a team player
• Strong problem-solving and leadership skills
• Ability to take and supply constructive feedback
• Understanding of Harm Reduction, Motivational Interviewing, and Trauma Informed Care.
• Must successfully complete Managing Aggressive Behavior training.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of consumer information
• Strong professional boundaries.
• Social Skills—the individual professionally interacts with employees and consumers and models a positive teamwork attitude.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Leadership—the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
• Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound, accurate, and ethical judgment and makes timely decisions.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
• Interpersonal skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and demonstrates one-on-one and group presentation skills.
Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
$14.71 - $17.34
**Valeo offersShift Differential~~2nd shift- 25 cents/hr.,3rd shift- 50 cents/hr.,weekend- 75 cents/hr.**
Full-time or Part time Non-Exempt Benefit Eligible
1 FT 2nd Shift 1 FT 3rd Shift Su-Thu
3 PT 3rd Shift Fri-Mon
Valeo Behavioral Health Care