Senior Cloud (AWS) Engineer - Valent North America
- Posted: over a month ago
Valent North America LLC is the shared services organization of Valent U.S.A. LLC and Valent BioSciences LLC, which are part of the Valent group of companies. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd., Valent North America unites the corporate Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, and Environmental Health & Safety functions to maximize service delivery practices across the Valent group of companies.
Valent U.S.A. engages in the development, registration, sales, and marketing of integrated technological solutions for crop production and pest management that deliver value for customers and stakeholders. Valent BioSciences is a worldwide leader in the research, development, manufacturing, and commercialization of biorational products for the agriculture, public health, and forest health markets. Sumitomo Chemical is one of Japan’s leading chemical companies, offering a diverse range of products globally that support a wide variety of industries and help enhance peoples’ daily lives.
General Description: The Sr. Cloud Engineer is responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and configuring various AWS-based systems and infrastructure which support strategic initiatives and projects. This person will assist in the execution of standard processes, application management, and maintenance of documentation and standard operating procedures. This position will help develop and implement a highly available infrastructure model, security best practices, and monitoring capabilities in line with AWS' 5 pillar strategy.
- Lead the infrastructure team in building, testing, and administering AWS resources: EC2s, Workspaces, S3 buckets, IAM, CloudWatch, etc.
- Identify cost optimization opportunities in AWS.
- AWS provisioning, configuration management, storage management, network management, and virtualization.
- Develop and improve standards for security with guidance from the Director of Security, across a continuous delivery environment and cloud-based production deployments.
- Provide technical guidance to other team members related to AWS best practices.
- Work on remediation for the AWS well-architected reviews.
- Respond to alerts from monitoring systems.
- Take part in the planning and deployment of cloud-based solutions.
- Research modern technologies to provide solutions to business needs.
- Deploy new software, upgrades, and fixes within the production environment.
- Periodic after-hours support is required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- 3-5 years of experience at Senior / Lead / Principal level managing core AWS Cloud Services such as EC2, S3, ELB, RDS, VPC, Route 53 and Workspaces.
- AWS Certified, preferably AWS Certified Solutions Architect.
- Understanding of security concepts, best practices and how to apply them, such as SSH, public key encryption, access credentials, certificates, TLS, data encryption.
- Nice to have skill with at least one or more configuration management/scripting technology (such as Ansible/Chef/Puppet).
- Experience in cloud service continuity / disaster recovery.
- Experience with infrastructure as code / orchestration of Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience in creating and managing VPCs, subnets, Security Groups, NACLs and VPN tunnels.
- Experience with Windows Server administration
- Understanding of Azure Active Directory, Office 365, and SSO technologies
- Understanding IT Security and Governance
- Superior work ethic, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to be resourceful and take initiative sometimes not having 100% clear direction, making good sound judgements.
- Excellent time management skills including meeting assigned deadlines and communicating status on deliverables.
- Highly organized individual that can juggle different priorities, prioritize by importance, keeping management/end-users aware of status.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team with adjusting priorities and deadlines.
- Ownership spirit of following through with a problem or issue from day one discovery, in-between status updates, and communicating a clear/concise resolution for proper close-out.
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly/accurately to technical/non-technical audiences.
- Independent, individual contributor that is responsive with excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Positive attitude and ability to collaborate with others effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment (OFFICE Position)
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands include constant sitting, walking, standing, simple grasping and fine manipulation with hands; frequent bending at the neck and waist; and occasional squatting, climbing, kneeling, crawling, twisting at the neck and waist, power grasping, pushing and pulling with hands, reaching above shoulder level, lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Work Environment includes exposure to or working in or around equipment and machinery including a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Frequency Definitions: Constant = Over 40% / Frequent = Up to 40% / Occasional = Up to 10%
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all eligible full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, 401k matching, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us: Valent North America LLC has a strong commitment to both sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR). In fact, being a responsible corporate citizen has been ingrained in our culture since the company’s founding. Today, it remains at the forefront of everything we do.
- Valent North America LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and/or identity, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, disabilities, or protected veteran status.
Valent U.S.A. LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?