Research Technician - Valent BioSciences, LLC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Description of Job: Contribute to efficient operation of research & development activities within the formulation group. The laboratory technician will bear responsibility for general maintenance of the laboratory, equipment and inventory. The candidate will work alongside junior and senior formulation research scientists to identify and implement best practices of the research group.
- Support formulation research scientists with experimental formulations, through various lab equipment under various SOPs, which include particle size analyses, pH and viscosity measurement, wet and dry sieving, attrition testing of granules, dispersion evaluation following various standard methods, surface tension measurement, the use of light microscope, biosafety cabinet, various moisture analyses methods (eg. Karl-Fisher titrator, Loss on drying), etc.
- Provide product support services to formulation products, such as sample preparation, packaging & labelling, stability evaluations, compatibility evaluation, etc.
- Maintain inventory of formulation actives and raw materials, and packaging materials.
- Help to maintain various lab equipment and organization & labelling in various drawers and rooms.
- Help to conduct waste management operations, including proper disposal of obsolete actives and raw materials.
- Help to oversee Shipping and Receiving functions, including Field R&D inventory and GLP inventory.
- Participate in site spill response and safety related programs.
- Participate in the calibration and maintenance of laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Help manufacturing groups in product evaluation and quality assurance.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Must be able to physically lift up to 50lbs regularly and be able to recognize different colors accurately.
- Proficient in Microsoft and cloud-based applications.
- Works well independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Attention to details and well organized, follow directions / SOP well.
- Communication, listening and organization are strengths.
- Must be well organized and demonstrates excellent time management skills to handle multiple tasks and priorities, and to meet timelines with high quality results.
- Will foster a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Education: BA/BS in Chemistry or Biology preferred.
Travel: < 5%
Valent U.S.A. LLC
Get fresh Research Technician - Valent BioSciences, LLC jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.