Research Technician, Synthetic Biology - Valent BioSciences, LLC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Description of Job: Valent BioSciences is seeking a research technician to join its newly formed Synthetic Biology department and contribute to efficient operation of research & development activities within this group. The laboratory technician will bear responsibility for general maintenance of the laboratory, equipment and inventory. The candidate will work alongside junior and senior research scientists to identify and implement best practices of the research group.
• Conduct all work in strict compliance with applicable safety requirements, containment requirements, standard operating practices, and/or guidelines.
• Perform routine laboratory maintenance duties including sanitization and sterilization of glassware, consumables, and reusables.
• Maintain laboratory equipment including regular routine maintenance and coordinate repairs, as needed.
• Prepare liquid and solid media for downstream applications including small scale fermentations and routine molecular biology and microbiology workflows.
• Responsible for digital inventory system, purchase and stocking of supplies including media, enzymes, chemicals, consumables and all other lab materials in routine use.
• Preparation of competent cells and microbial cell lines for routine use.
• Passion for the expanding field of synthetic biology, especially as it relates to the development of novel products and sustainable solutions.
• Familiarity with microbial cultivation of E. coli and other hosts using aseptic or sterile technique as well as nucleic acid handling, manipulation and quantification.
• Communication, listening and organization are strengths.
• Proficient in Microsoft and cloud-based applications.
• Works well independently and as part of a dynamic team.
• Will foster a culture of diversity and inclusion.
AS/BS in Biology, Biotechnology, Chemistry or related discipline with 1+ years of laboratory experience.
No travel will be required.
Valent U.S.A. LLC
ScienceView all jobs at Valent U.S.A. LLC