Regional Business Manager EMEA - Valent BioSciences LLC
Valent BioSciences LLC is a worldwide leader in the research, development, manufacturing, and commercialization of biorational products for the agriculture, public health, and forestry markets. We have more than 60 years of experience bringing biorational products to market, and our products are used in sustainable operations in 95 countries around the world. Biorational products maximize plant quality, productivity, and sustainability.
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical, Valent BioSciences LLC operates with the Sumitomo Spirit mindset, which means to benefit both self and others, recognizing that private and public interests are one and the same. It’s about contributing to society, as well as making a profit.
Description of Job: This position will create and implement marketing and sales strategies and plans in support for the Agricultural Biorational Business Unit (BBU) business to achieve the short- and long-term objectives supporting the BBU growth in the EMEA region. The position will report to the VBC Vice President, Commercial Operations and work closely with the SCAE SSBU Director. Responsibilities include identifying and developing business opportunities, creating financial forecasts, developing segment specific marketing/business plans, and leading business unit branding strategies for the business’s three Agricultural platforms (BCE, BCP and BRZ) and the Biostimulant Unit. Responsibilities may be expanded to include other technologies that could be added depending upon BBU needs. The position will be responsible for working with SCC colleagues to implement and execute BBU strategies in the region.
• Responsible for co-development and attainment of Short Range Plans (SRP) and Mid-Range Plans (MRP) financial goals at the region level and supporting regional affiliate initiatives to obtain these goals
• Successfully splitting time to adequately cover the various Agricultural platform (BCE, BCP, and BRZ) and the Biostimulant Unit initiatives
• Provide Global strategic direction and work with affiliates to gain alignment of regional long-range marketing strategies and plans for the BBU Ag businesses and manage short-range objectives to meet near-term sales and profit goals
• Work with the SCAE SSBU Director to assist in the implementation and expansion of the EMEA/SCAE BBU
• Analyze and interpret market research data to identify trends and opportunities and identify adjustments to strategies leading to sustainable and enhanced growth of business
• Communicate global strategies and work with affiliates to support their implementation of these strategies
• Work with affiliates to develop shared annual goals to meet strategic and financial objectives
• Analyze and interpret market research to identify trends and opportunities and review these with affiliate partners
• Assess and evaluate unmet market needs in order to coordinate and facilitate regional business expansion projects
• Participate and provide guidance in the development of the annual R&D and Regulatory programs for the BBU product line
• Participate in cross-functional teams to achieve business and product development objectives for product life cycle management and new product initiatives
• Evaluate and assist in licensing and acquisition efforts to complement existing portfolio and take advantage of new products and market opportunities for the BBU business
• Participate in industry initiatives and organizations to keep abreast of the changes in the marketplace and adjust marketing strategies, accordingly
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a marketing manager in an agricultural field, preferably with biorational product management, with a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of marketing, promotion, and demand creation.
• Strong background in marketing and/or agricultural chemical products a plus.
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing or agricultural field, is required.
What We Offer:
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, 401k matching, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us: Valent BioSciences, LLC has a strong commitment to both sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR). In fact, being a responsible corporate citizen has been ingrained in our culture since the company’s founding. Today, it remains at the forefront of everything we do.
- Valent BioSciences LLC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and/or identity, national origin, citizenship, immigration status, disabilities, or protected veteran status.
Valent U.S.A. LLCLibertyville, IL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.