Software Engineer - Valent BioSciences, LLC
- Posted: over a month ago
Valent BioSciences is a global organization that embraces a team-focused, fast-paced, challenging, and professional work environment offering its employees room to grow. As a leading supplier of environmentally friendly, highly effective products and services for agriculture, public health, and forestry, we are always looking for people who share our passion and commitment to improving the quality of life for people worldwide. The Valent Biosciences manufacturing site located on an expansive 73-acre site in Osage, IA is a state of the art 130,000 square foot plant and is the largest purpose-built biorational facility in the world. It serves as the manufacturing and quality control center for Valent Biosciences broad portfolio of fermentation products.
Job Summary and Key Objectives
The primary scope of this position is to support the optimization of operations at Valent BioSciences-Osage by promoting and facilitating the use of continuous improvement methods to support new business and existing operations. They will drive change through focused optimization efforts to higher levels of performance in safety, quality, performance, cost, and growth by effectively utilizing lean and engineering methodologies, tools, root cause analysis (DMAIC) and waste reduction. This position will interface with employees at all levels and various functions within the facility and across the business.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Value stream map (VSM) processes of end-to-end production from warehouse to shipping, identify/eliminate waste and possible continuous improvements.
- Lead the establishment of the production schedule from raw materials batching to finished good.
- Digital Transformation
- Implement a digital tool to measure, identify and track production mishaps in real time using PI.
- Establish PI templates to facilitate the operations transfer between shifts (shift-exchange) and to support tracking tools management.
- Implement Electronic Batch record using Braincube SAAS solution (a software suite that pulls data from Production, DCS, SAP, LIMS, and other standard software).
- Support all departments (Quality, Production, Engineering, Management) in their implementation of Braincube SAAS templates and coordinate the training to use and improve these templates.
Additional Responsibilities and Tasks
- Evaluate efficiency and effectiveness of existing continuous improvement projects underway - modify, eliminate, and accelerate as appropriate
- Continually communicate direction and focus
- Establish and communicate performance standards for team members and consistently compare performance against the standards
- Develop, interpret, and apply required policies and procedures
- Advise Production Managers on resources, projects, status, and outcomes
- Assist teams with organizing projects; apply formal project management disciplines and train manufacturing, Lab and office employees in Lean
- Prepare all required reports and correspondence
- Solve complex problems with minimal assistance
- The Operations Optimization Engineer must be a strong teacher and developer of others.
- The Operations Optimization Engineer needs to be a strong communicator, with excellent follow up and time management skills. This individual must organize and prioritize projects, with the help of plant leadership, to effectively execute optimization initiatives.
- BS or MS in computer science, computer engineering, bioengineering, biotechnology, biochemical engineering, or related fields is required
- Experience with implementing digital solutions in a manufacturing environment is critical.
- Strong analytical, technical, and computer skills are required.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of process control and automation is required.
- Familiarity with OSI PI and Braincube is a significant plus.
- Knowledge and experience with LEAN principles is a significant plus.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), presentation, public relations, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with statistics.
- Experience working on or leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to prepare and present results.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel, Minitab or other statistical and process design software.
We welcome the opportunity to review your qualifications.
Valent BioSciences LLC is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
To apply for this job apply here or visit:
Valent BioSciences, LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Valent BioSciences, LLC