Join our Team!
Valencia College is seeking a Part-Time Faculty, Sign Language to join our dedicated, passionate faculty team. The ideal candidate will have a strong in-depth background in American Sign Language. Experience teaching online, on-campus, or in a hybrid format is preferred.
As one of the largest community colleges in Florida, Valencia College helps shape the lives of more than 75,000 students each year. But it's not our size that makes us great. We strive to ensure that equal access to higher education belongs to everyone, because the future does, too.
Valencia's students reflect the diversity of our service district, and the college is searching for faculty members who are deeply committed to valuing equity, treating cultural and linguistic diversity as assets, and promoting inclusiveness.
We're not just any college. And you're just not any employee. You're someone who is passionate about improving the lives of our students, our team, our community, and, ultimately, our world.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of "The Great Colleges to Work For" by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
PT Faculty General Description: Primarily responsible for teaching in discipline or discipline areas in which he/she has specific training and/or competence. Plans, organizes, teaches, and provides feedback to promote and direct student learning in keeping with Valencia's learning- centered values and in a manner that meets the essential competencies of a Valencia Educator. Responds to students in a timely manner and communicates with the discipline and division via college-provided tools and resources
Degree Requirement: Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution with a major in American Sign Language, Special Education for the Deaf or Deaf Studies OR 18 graduate semester hours, and documented experience in American Sign Language, Special Education for the Deaf or Deaf Studies
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares and delivers instruction to students in assigned modalities (including classroom, hybrid, online, etc.). Prepares instructional materials. Provides feedback on students' progress, including evaluation of student mastery of course and program outcomes.
- Provides feedback to students in matters related to academic success in a timely manner.
- Prepares and submits required documentation including course syllabi, student attendance, final course grades, and other information as requested or required by the college.
- Maintains and disseminates current information pertaining to services available to students throughout the college.
- Is familiar with and maintains behavior and actions consistent with college policies.
- Maintains professional development/ growth according to personal needs and requirements for certification
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Teaching experience at the community college level (in some cases, related work experiences in the field, professional licensure and certifications, honors and awards, continuous documented excellence in teaching, or other demonstrated competencies and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning outcomes may be used to support an application in lieu of degree and course work requirements).
- Professional commitment to education.
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
- Ability to perform all of the Essential Functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work evening and/or weekend hours and travel between campus locations as required.
Valencia's Total Rewards package, features:
- Paid Time off
- FICA Alternative to Social Security
- Faculty/Instructional Development Opportunities
- Associate Faculty Certification Program
- Flexible work schedule
- Free Lynx bus transportation
- Discount on Valencia Arts and Entertainment Events and so much more click here
Salary: Part-time Faculty positions are compensated based on the Faculty Salary Schedule.Compensation for part-time faculty is determined according to the highest earned degree and scheduled credit hours or equivalent. Part-Time Faculty course load may vary each semester, with credit hours not typically exceeding 12 per semester.
Location: Orlando, FL 32825 - East Campus
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest-growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Closing date:Wednesday, August 19 2020 at 7 PM EST
Please attach to the application the following documents; this also applies to current Valencia employees:
- Cover letter and resume
- Completed online employment application Include all applicable experience related to the position
- Learning Centered Statement
- Unofficial transcripts – please upload your unofficial transcripts when submitting your application. (if the degree is in progress, it must be conferred by the time of hire). Official transcripts may be requested during the selection process.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Letters of reference, if available.
Note: If selected for the position, please be advised that 3 professional recommendation letters may be needed. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.
There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment. You'll have the opportunity to improve the lives of students, our community and ultimately, our world.
At Valencia, we are committed to helping students reach their full potential by providing them with the right opportunities, the right tools and the right support. And that begins with recruiting the right talent - individuals who enjoy working in an inspiring environment dedicated to student success.
We aren't interested in simply filling positions, we're interested in fueling inspiration. We are looking for individuals who share our belief in students and will be just as dedicated as we are to helping them succeed. People who want more than just a job - to actually make a difference. So if you are looking for more than just a job, then we are looking for you!
Why Work Here?Change lives, starting with your own. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment. You'll have the opportunity to improve the lives of students, our community and ultimately, our world. At Valencia, we are committed to helping students reach their full potential by providing them with the right opportunities, the right tools and the right support. And that begins with recruiting the right talent - individuals who enjoy working in an inspiring environment dedicated to student success. We aren't interested in simply filling positions, we're interested in fueling inspiration. We are looking for individuals who share our belief in students and will be just as dedicated as we are to helping them succeed. People who want more than just a job - to actually make a difference. So if you are looking for more than just a job, then we are looking for you!
Join one of the Great Colleges To Work For !