Valencia College is now hiring a Compliance Inspector, Sr (Building and Fire Safety) to join the Compliance team.
In this role you will be responsible for overseeing, planning, and conducting fire, life safety, and hazardous material inspections of all buildings and grounds owned or operated by Valencia College, to ensure regulatory compliance at the federal, state, and local levels.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in a related field
- Minimum of four (4) years of fire prevention and code compliance experience; or any equivalent combination of training and experience
- Florida Fire Inspector I Certification
- Valid Class E driver's license
- Experience working in a higher learning environment
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
- Orlando, FL 32835 - District Office
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Salary: $37,725 per year
Closing Date: Friday, December 20, 2019 at 7:00pm EST
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.