Valence Surface Technologies is currently hiring a Lab Tech for our Los Angeles facility.
· Create monthly lab orders for physical testing
· Scribe / create metal specimens for testing
· Track both physical and analytical tests to ensure they are performed within the required time frame.
· Perform both analytical and physical tests.
· Create test reports to outline the testing procedures and results of internally performed tests.
· Perform clerical duties to file lab orders, test certs, chemical certificates of analysis, metal specimen certificate of analysis, purchase orders, etc.
· Review testing records / logs for accuracy of results and to ensure results are within shop control and specification limits.
· Operate precision equipment properly and safely to perform required analytical and physical tests.
· Review and monitor tank temperature recording program to ensure solution temperatures of process tanks stay within customer required ranges.
· Tag out process tanks when needed due to out of range concentrations, temperatures, etc.
· Communicate with shop personnel to inform shop employee’s of issues with tanks, test specimens, and/or operation of baths.
· Handle glassware used for analytical testing, know how to use precision measuring glassware for analytical testing, and perform proper cleaning procedures to prevent cross contamination issues between testing mediums.
· Make chemical additions to process tanks when required.
· Adhere to all safety procedures and know how to use all personal protective equipment, first aid kits, eye wash stations, and other safety devices.
· Monitor shelf life of materials used for both laboratory testing and bulk chemical additions to process tanks.
G.E.D. / High School Diploma