The Pharmacy Technician will conduct a variety of front-end and back-end pharmacy operations in the processing and shipment of prescription orders. Functional areas include prescription intake, QA, PCB, Order Entry, Shipping & Logistics.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Creation of new patients and existing patient images into system
• Manage the accurate entry of prescriptions into system
• Conduct PreQA activities while performing necessary Pharmacy calculations; under direction of Pharmacist In Charge (PIC)
• Create and update physician profiles
• Outreach to Physicians offices to obtain prescriptions on patients with no refills, clarification of prescriptions orders, expired prescriptions; etc
• Log into phone queue and support callers (patients/physicians; etc) needs.
• Documentation of information into patient file
• Conduct pick-pack-ship activities for daily patient orders
• Support logistic operations while conducting pharmacy fulfillment activities
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Excellent oral communication and problem-solving skills
• Strong communication skills; clear and concise, effective, patient and courteous.
• Solid time management skills
• Contribute to delivering a positive engagement with all internal teams
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced work environment and under tight deadlines
• A solid base understanding of operational roles within a Specialty Pharmacy setting
• Familiarity with ScriptMed pharmacy platform a plus!
• Certified Pharmacy Technician a plus!
Valeda Rx, LLC
Why Work Here?Valeda Rx is an independent national specialty pharmacy, servicing 49 US States and the District of Colombia. The Valeda Rx Team is dedicated to building meaningful relationships with our patients, caregivers, prescribers and partners that we service throughout the United States to provide quality, personalized service throughout the continuum of care...a rarity in today's fast-moving, often impersonal, world.
Valeda Rx is a growing Specialty Pharmacy located in Mt. Lebanon with a great team dynamic and large opportunities for growth!