Plan, direct and coordinate manufacturing processes. Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, lean tools and 6 sigma structured problem solving tools.
Coordinate engineering, technical and assembly procedures to produce the most economical manufacturing methods to accomplish optimum utilization of people, machines, tooling, equipment, facilities, quality and timely production.
Work closely with Engineering, Production Control and Manufacturing to provide engineering, technical and other advice and information relative to the design of fixtures, routings, methods and applications prescribed. Work with and assist QA, Manufacturing and Engineering to solve product / manufacturing problems. Work with Engineering to facilitate new product releases and existing product improvements.
(Estimated % of time)
- 33%: Support new product introductions.
- 33% Use 6 sigma structured problem solving methods to address product / manufacturing problems.
- 33%: Develop documentation of processes in the production area. Revise existing and create new documents, and update routings accordingly.
- Strong understanding of Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing tools. Capable of utilizing these tools in developing manufacturing processes, assembly processes and cells.
- Design complete fixtures for machining and Assembly Test Requirements
- Supervise the formulation of cost estimates and analyze actual operations costs to determine reasons for variances. Audit work performed by peers/subordinates to assure compliance and consistency with established method standards. Estimates production times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confer with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to insure efficient production methods.
- Confer with manufacturing management and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Apply statistical methods (SPC) to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Conduct continuous study projects on established methods to effect work simplification, tooling improvements, tooling requirements, work flow, reliability of equipment, etc. for purpose of manufacturing efficiency.
- Develop, review and/or approve operation sheets for conventional CNC equipment to include both in-house and vendor production.
- Review drawings for correct application of latest specifications. Also make recommendations relative to manufacturability of components and apply good value engineering practices for cost reduction purposes.
Position Requirements (must have):
- BS in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or the technical equivalent.
- Min 5 years of manufacturing engineering experience in a relatable assembly and test focused industry.
- Solid project engineering, communication skills and cross functional team leader.
- Ability to perform well in a fast paced, medium sized company environment.
Position Expectations (nice to have):
- 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing – Green Belt certification.
- Some experience with ISO regulations.
- CNC programming.
Valcor Engineering Corp.Valcor Engineering is one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace and military fields. We specialize in the design and manufacture of Solenoid Valves and control components for liquids and gases in critical application in the aerospace, nuclear, light industrial and scientific industries.