- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Valcor Engineering is looking for Quality Engineers to become a part of our Team. We are a world class designer and manufacturer of custom precision fluid controls, motion controls, and turnkey systems for space, aircraft, nuclear, and scientific/industrial clients. We are also one of the largest and most recognized suppliers of fluid control products in the aircraft, aerospace, and military fields.
Thus, our designs and the products we supply to customers are known for two basic things: QUALITY and RELIABILITY. Quality Engineers are responsible for:
Quality Assurance activities at the Valcor Engineering Corp. site; performing specialized, complex and involved assignments of a Quality engineering nature having to do with development and administration of quality control procedures and techniques. These include:
- ensuring that the company’s products conform to all specifications and customer requirements,
- directing/overseeing activities associated with maintaining all company certifications, and all external agency approvals such as AS9100D certification, ASME certification, NADCAP and NUPIC.
- overseeing configuration management, and quality assurance processes.
- Serving as the interface with customers and vendors on quality related topics.
Essential functions and Responsibilities:
- Functional accountability for the operation of Valcor’s quality Management System and Quality Assurance processes, both in the office and factory
- Work closely with Product and Manufacturing engineering, Manufacturing and inspection personnel on procedural problems involving design, methods, tooling, costs and other areas involved in control of product quality.
- As required review raw material certification and review/approve raw material released for production.
- Oversee critical testing and inspection procedures and coordinate inspections with customers and inspectors; analyze and document results.
- Conduct investigative work to solve quality deviations and conduct studies to develop inspection methods and instrument laboratory test equipment, inspection and sampling procedures to assure control of quality at the most economical costs.
- Investigate customer complaints on product quality and work closely with customer’s representatives to resolve problems.
- Ensure that the company’s products conform to all specifications and customer requirements.
- Develop data-driven and customer-focused capabilities that result in measurable improvements in product, process and supplier quality, customer support, responsiveness, and product reliability
- Responsible for assuring that customer quality requirements have been adequately defined to permit appropriate quality planning and implementation and that the quality requirements have been met.
- Implement and sustain all quality systems. Facilitate the use of LEAN/ Six Sigma, and other quality tools for quality and process improvement.
- Achieve optimum balance among prevention, appraisal, and failure costs.
Certifications, Inspection and Audit:
- oversee the activities associated with maintaining company certifications as well as external agency approvals such as AS9100D certification, ASME certification, NADCAP, NUPIC
- Evaluate, develop and maintain activities required to audit quality effectiveness, including the planning and execution of programs of audits; procedure audits; quality-systems audits, and product audits.
Education and Skills Requirements:
- 4 year technical degree or equivalent, prefer Mechanical Engineering
- 4-8 years’ experience in various phases of Quality Assurance or equivalent in Aerospace, Defense, or Nuclear Power generation environments
- Must be mobile, capable of communicating with plant personnel at all levels
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; composing written reports and other communications
- Superior analytical skills, capable of using current computer analysis tools (Microsoft Office, plus others applicable programs)
Valcor Engineering Corp.
2 Lawrence RoadSpringfield, NJ
ManufacturingView all jobs at Valcor Engineering Corp.
Get fresh Production Quality jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.