Title: Shipping Clerk
Location: Waterbury – Reports to Raymond Martinez
Valco Instruments is looking for a new member to join our shipping team. The job consists of all typical shipping duties including verifying incoming and outgoing shipments, recording transactions in SAP and packing goods for shipment. This position will also act as the backup company driver.
· Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
· Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
· Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders to route materials.
· Correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
· Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter.
· Safely pick-up and deliver intercompany mail.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Guidelines
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 1+ years shipping experience
· SAP experience a plus
· Must have a clean driving record
This is a general guideline and does not reflect all of the duties and elements of the job.