- Logistics Technician 1
- 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of powered industrial trucks while loading and unloading trucks on the receiving dock.
- Responsible for moving materials to and from the production area and cleanliness of the warehouse.
- Responsible for preparing for shipments out of the facility in accordance with all procedures.
- Post all raw materials movements on the computerized tracking system.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Moves material within and from the warehouse to the production area, and returns finished products to the shipping area.
- Works closely with machine leads and site supervision to manage raw materials, to insure continuous production of finished products.
- Interprets work orders and performs appropriate duties to support production machine changeovers.
- Unloads trucks of raw materials and loads recycling material on trucks in a safe, timely and cost effective manner
- Performs good housekeeping techniques at the job site areas, properly handling paper waste and debris, and the removal of all potential safety hazards from the general area.
- Moves all materials within production area and locates copy.
- Produces in/out reports and completes Problem Material Reports.
- Removes pallets, strapping and packing materials, and moves recycle materials to recycle area.
- Maintains facility by applying Environmental Health & Safety and Good Housekeeping Standards as needed.
- Receives and stores all postal equipment until needed by production.
- Weighs, as required, and places in proper location all finished products following company/department guidelines.
- As required by USPS, completes accurately all required paperwork, to ensure proper loads prior to dispatching trucks.
Education & Knowledge:
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language, preferred.
- Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience / Skills / Abilities:
- 0 – 1 year related experience.
- Must be able to drive a stand up fork lift.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Safety certification for power industrial equipment.
Communication & Contacts (Internal/External):
- Communicate with other production team members.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift 30 to 50 pounds on a routine basis.
- Bending, stooping, climbing.