North Florida Regional Press Secretary
- Posted: March 16, 2022
- $4,500 to $5,000 Monthly
Val Demings for U.S. Senate is hiring a North Florida Regional Press Secretary. This person will drive the campaign's earned media strategy through surrogate communications in the North/South Florida region and help manage relationships with local press.
The North Florida Regional Press Secretary is expected to work closely with the Press Secretary and the Communications Director to drive an aggressive earned media strategy in a demanding media environment for a top Senate campaign.
Our ideal applicant will have one to two years, or one campaign cycle, of communications experience.
- Build and manage press relationships in the North Florida region, in collaboration with the senior communications team
- Organize, build, and execute earned media events, such as press conferences
- Work closely with surrogates in the North Florida region
- Draft campaign communications materials including advisories, press releases, talking points, and op-eds
- Assist the communications director and press secretary in day-to-day press responsibilities and rapid response
- Experience with media, public relations, or journalism
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- 1-2 years of experience, or one cycle of campaign communications experience
- Self-motivation, the ability to work independently, as well as a strong commitment to teamwork.
North Florida: Tallahassee or Jacksonville
Val Demings for U.S. Senate is a fast-paced, dynamic campaign environment. We expect all of our employees to be committed to the election of Democrats, willing to commit to long and irregular campaign hours (sometimes including nights and weekends). Our team values the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and solve problems creatively. We additionally expect our employees to demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant and productive ways. Our staff maintains a common commitment to promoting and investing in cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability.
Val Demings for U.S. Senate is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any type. We welcome applicants of any educational background, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, immigration status, citizenship status, national origin or ancestry, marital status, pregnancy, criminal record, mental or physical disability or disorder, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Applicants from underrepresented communities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
Val Demings for Senate
BusinessView all jobs at Val Demings for Senate