A&P Aircraft Mechanic
- Posted: over a month ago
- $62,400 to $83,200 Yearly
The Vail Valley Jet Center is a top ranked aviation service company in one of the most spectacular resort destinations in the world. We provide unsurpassed quality service to our customers, handling everything from logistical challenges to basic aviation ground support. Our customer focused team is made up of leaders in the aviation industry who make the Vail Valley Jet Center a world class FBO.
Do you have a niche for aviation and are a certified airframe and powerplant mechanic? Are you highly motivated, service orientated and enjoy working in a team environment? Do you have experience working on corporate jets, commercial airliners, and piston aircraft? Come join our team as an A&P Aircraft Mechanic.
Airframe and powerplant technician generally inspects, repairs, overhauls, upgrades and cleans aircraft. A&P’s also provide for the general and routine maintenance and do so in accordance with all Federal Aviation Administration regulations, all aircraft manufacturer's recommendation and all company policies and procedures. Additionally A&P mechanics are required to maintain detailed records concerning all work conducted, inspections performed, conditions found, and safety compliance.
- Read and interpret technical data
- Make required work order entries for discrepancies and corrective actions
- Mechanical ability to execute per technical data
- Parts identification, read and interpret IPC
- Remove and install aircraft panels.
- Basic operational and functional checks
- Provide nitrogen and oxygen servicing
- Must have an Airframe and Powerplant license to be considered!
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school and zero to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write simple correspondence and routine reports. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups of customers and other employees of the organization
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an airport security ID badge
- Must pass contingency of hire: DOT drug test and background check and comply with the FAA - DOT employer drug and alcohol substance testing program
- Adapt to seasonal workload – weekends, holidays and late hours will be required
- Competitive wages
- 401K Plus Employer Matching
- Holiday pay
- Full health insurance package
- Fun place to work!
- Plus more
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform FAA DOT pre-employment and random substance testing
Vail Valley Jet Center is based in Gypsum, Colorado. This is a great place to live because, the area offers the beauty of the mountains, countless recreational opportunities, accessible and abundant arts and cultural opportunities and much more.
Vail Valley Jet Center
TravelView all jobs at Vail Valley Jet Center