Senior Manager, Corporate FP&A (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
As a leading mountain resort operator with over 40 resorts in sixteen states and four countries. We exist to create an Experience of a Lifetime for our employees, so they can, in turn, provide and Experience of a Lifetime for our guests. We are looking for leaders, innovators, creators, and ambitious professionals to join our talented team. If you’re ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you!
Many of our Corporate function teams can now live and work in any of the states in which Vail Resorts currently operates* – enabling flexible remote work alongside a commitment to building and maintaining strong culture both in person and virtually. If you’re ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you. Find your purpose with us at www.vailresortscareers.com.
The Vail Resorts Finance Team is committed to Building Leaders and Driving Value. We have created a new fully centralized Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team in our corporate headquarters based near Boulder, Colorado, to support a growing company of 40 resorts across Australia, Canada and the United States, 45,000+ employees, and a market capitalization of over $10 billion. Our Finance organization brings best-in-class insight generation, data-driven decision-making support and financial management to Vail Resorts – the ski industry’s global leader.
The Senior Manager, Corporate FP&A will report to the Director of Corporate FP&A. This team drives comprehensive financial planning, reporting, forecasting and analysis to drive business insight to support the Company’s strategic goals and is responsible for clearly communicating the enterprise narrative both internally and to the Board of Directors and investors. Corporate FP&A works closely with senior management to develop the enterprise level view of financial results and performance to help drive strategic decision making, growth objectives and capital allocation.
- Synthesize complex information, generate actionable financial and business insights, and clearly articulate the enterprise narrative for the company.
- Perform complex and varied analyses to enable sound decision-making around near-term and long-term business risks and opportunities, identifying key business insights through data analysis and delivering synthesized and impactful communications (verbally and in writing) that enable better business decisions and improved enterprise value.
- Act as an agile and trusted analyst/advisor of material business trends impacting enterprise performance to the Finance Leadership team; build strong operating processes/tools/models and relationships to enable quick and proactive response times in a collaborative manner that contributes to the team’s high performance culture.
- Support the Corporate FP&A efforts, including long term strategic planning, annual operating and capital budgets, forecasting and insights on actual results, with a focus on:
- Coordinate with Business Segments/Functions in development of internal and external financial communications, including key presentations to the Finance Leadership Team, Executive Team and Board of Directors.
- Manage cash flow forecasting, actively contributing to capital allocation strategy analysis and decision making.
- Manage enterprise-wide, cross-functional planning processes with strong project management and ability to drive insight.
- Establish credibility as a leader who can both build strong relationships and challenge leaders across the organization on financial results and plans.
- Communicate expectations to important stakeholders around key assumptions and timelines for critical enterprise-wide processes to ensure alignment and clarity of specific objectives supporting CFO and Executive Team decision-making.
- Integrate effectively with the finance organization, impacting and furthering Vail’s customer-focused and high impact culture.
- Build close partnership with finance and commercial leaders across the company.
- A multi-faceted Analyst who is a leader, partner, and “doer”; the successful Analyst will be comfortable operating in financial systems and spreadsheets, and equally comfortable leveraging his or her capabilities to work independently to conduct analysis, assemble an informed point-of-view, and communicate recommendations/conclusions with clarity and conviction
- Orientation to business partnership and ability to handle difficult situations with a high-degree of diplomacy and composure; assist the business in achieving their strategic priorities through data-driven analytics without losing sight of the Finance organization’s mission to Drive Value.
- S/he is a brave, passionate and ambitious leader who demonstrates the core tenets of our talent philosophy:
- Learning agility - Enjoys and excels in environments where he/she must tackle and solve complex strategic business challenges and issues. Demonstrates an ability to flexibly integrate the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business with strong intellectual and data-driven rigor.
- Emotional Intelligence – demonstrates the awareness of and ability to shape her/his impact on the team, and a wide range of stakeholders, to achieve ambitious goals.
- Ambition – demonstrates the drive to expand leadership responsibility and overcome obstacles to achieve a bigger impact in an increasingly competitive environment.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Outstanding academic credentials; Bachelor’s degree required; MBA, graduate finance degree and/or CFA preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience with financial planning and analysis responsibilities, with experience coordinating aspects of FP&A processes, including annual budget, capital budget, long-term strategic planning, and enterprise communications.
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to synthesize information, develop insights and communicate effectively in presentations and in person meetings.
- Deep curiosity and passion for understanding and analyzing financial results in the context of creating shareholder value.
- Strong attention to detail balanced by ability to focus on the "big picture".
The budgeted range starts at $110,000 - $125,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), Extra Time Off (ETO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. At Vail Resorts, our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
*Remote work is currently permitted from British Columbia and the 16 U.S. states in which we currently operate. This includes: California, Colorado, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Washington State, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. Please note that the ability to work remotely, and the particulars related to such work, are subject to change at any time; and, accordingly, the Company reserves the right to change its policies and/or require in-person/in-office work at any time in its sole discretion.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 437871
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Vail Resorts
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?