- Over a month ago
- $51,300 to $61,600 Yearly
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you'll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service - our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (after eligible employees work 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Housing: Not available
- Outlet: Park City & Keystone Resorts
- Schedule & Shift Availability: Year Round / Full Time
The National Sales Manager position is responsible for generating group revenue across eight lines of business at multiple resorts. Primary tasks include evaluating, targeting & solicitation of, negotiating and contracting group business opportunities for Vail Resorts’ larger group destinations. Ensure proper and timely turnover to ensure for quality service delivery. The position is tasked with achieving revenue and room night goals across the resorts. Work with the Director of Sales and Revenue Optimization to maximize the revenue potential of each opportunity across multiple lines of business by effectively aligning the customer goals with the appropriate experience. Promote customer retention by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Solicit, close and contract group business using strong negotiating skills and creative selling techniques.
- Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers through sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, Tradeshows, etc.
- Develop relationships within the meetings and conventions community to expand customer base for future group business opportunities.
- Work collectively between local and National Sales Teams to ensure the resort needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary.
- Be familiar with the overall market - competitors' strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand, etc. and know how to sell against them.
- Provide accurate, complete and timely turnover of definite business to the Service Team to help ensure quality service delivery.
- Partner with the Service and Operations teams in providing a customer experience that exceeds the customers' expectations.
- Work with the sales teams to evaluate and close the best opportunities based on market conditions and Resort needs
- Achieve and/or exceed team and individual revenue goals.
- Develop effective, measurable sales plans/actions based on prime time and need times for each location.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance when needed.
- Execute designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
- Effectively manage and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively use sales resources and administrative staff.
- Create weekly sales activity reports.
- Comprehend and achieve team and individual goals.
- Contribute to the health and strength of a dynamic team culture.
- Flexible Schedule Necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree strongly preferred. However, any combination of education and sales training may also be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office mobile devices
- Experience within Salesforce and Delphi FDC is preferred.
- English proficiency
- Ability to work flexible hours
- This position description is not an exclusive or comprehensive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform.
The budgeted range starts at $51,300 - $61,600. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 438953
AddressPark City, UT
BusinessView all jobs at Vail Resorts
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?