Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
As a Specialist in Lift Operations you are responsible for the safety of our guests and employees while they are loading, riding and unloading our chairlifts. You will teach new employees to provide quality customer service to fulfill our mission of delivering an experience of a lifetime for every guest. You get to ski/ride a lot. You will be assigned to a specific section or zone to oversee for the day and make sure all crews in that area are following all policies, guidelines and procedures at all times. You are an extension of the Lift Operations leadership team, carrying out specific training duties as assigned for that shift.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Supervise the opening procedures, communication with dispatch, maintenance checks and daily lift logs.
- Ensure every station in your section meets the ANSI B77.1 Code requirements at all times; i.e. signage, stop gate clearance and daily documentation.
- Teach new hires how to safely use a variety of tools to sweep seats, shovel snow and rake ramps.
- Train your team how to correctly set up mazes, fences, perimeters and signs.
- Ensure teammates are tracking dispatch clearances and using designated routes to ski/ride to remote areas of the mountain.
- Inventory tools and equipment and resupply logs, tissues, garbage bags, etc.
- Snowmobile to certain top stations to check terminals and/or run operators up in the morning.
- Recognize issues on the hill and at lift stations and make necessary corrections and delegations.
- Assist in department trainings and emergency lift evacuations as needed.
- Communicate problems as they arise to the Lift Manager, Supervisor or Lift Maintenance.
- Assist the manager & supervisor with performance reviews.
- Audit the guest service experience, instructing, coaching, correcting and documenting any issues that arise.
- Determine if ride breaks are allowed by assessing the work station and crew members are in compliance with the operating guidelines for the day.
- Ensure work breaks are being given on time to lift personnel in assigned zone.
- Lead by example, act calmly and professionally in difficult situations and guide employees to deal with situations proactively rather than reactively.
- Demonstrate exceptional public relation skills, providing a high level of customer service; display a pleasant, courteous and friendly demeanor, make eye contact as much as possible and be on the lookout for any situation in which you may be of service to the guest.
- Must be able to ski/snowboard at an advanced level.
- At least 3 years of lift operations experience with a history of on the job reliability and responsibility.
- Valid driver's license and clean DMV record for snowmobile operation.
- Possess the ability to be a self starter and carry out duties with little or no supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of maze setups, motor room checks and change over on all chairs.
- Complete knowledge of company and department policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical activities for extended periods of time.
- Any skis and/or snowboards used on the clock must pass a function test.
- Helmets are required when skiing or riding on the clock.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends and be willing to pick up extra shifts if needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to walk, stand, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, sit, stoop, balance, ski and/or snowboard, climb and hike in and over steep, winter terrain. The employee will reach with hands and arms to manipulate small items with gloved hands; operate a manual shovel; swing and carry hand tools, equipment, and personal supplies. The employee may regularly lift up to 40 pounds alone and may occasionally lift up to 75 pounds with assistance. The employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; and inclement weather and mountain environmental conditions. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
This is a Winter Resort Area. Work venues vary in ambient temperatures and weather conditions and in many cases include steep stairways, multi-level buildings and outdoor work areas. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and vibration. The noise level is usually loud; the employee is regularly exposed to high volume power tools and machinery. Some facilities are located at the base or bottom of the area and some are semi-remote and can only be reached by traveling via chairlift(s), skis, snowboard, snowmobile or other company vehicle. Walking surfaces are frequently frozen, sloped and/or slippery. Proper footwear is required, indoors and out. Work days and hours may vary, with an emphasis on weekends and holidays.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job. Other duties may be assigned by the Lift Operations Manager, Supervisor, Director of Operations or other Senior Team Members.
Do you love the mountains and wonder what it would be like to work at a mountain resort? Looking to try something new and learn how to ski, snowboard or downhill mountain bike? Are you looking to meet new friends from all over the country and world? If you answered yes to any of these questions, we invite you to come join our community at Stevens Pass today! Why not work where you play, and let Stevens Pass be your office. www.vailresortscareers.com at http://www.vailresortscareers.com/
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 171713