Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Hospitality Communications Manager will lead all communications efforts for Vail Resorts’ hospitality and real estate divisions, while also proactively promoting the Company’s key destination resorts. Primary responsibilities include advising on reputation management, strategic and proactive media relations, driving Vail Resorts’ domestic external agency of record, crafting messaging and advising on internal communication efforts.
The Hospitality Communications Manager will be focused on securing coverage and high-funnel awareness of Vail Resorts Hospitality and RockResorts properties in and around the Company’s resorts, particularly in Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Park City, in addition to promoting key destinations within the Vail Resorts portfolio. The Hospitality Communications Manager works closely with the corporate communications team, resort communications teams, hospitality marketing managers, property General Managers and other key staff to support these efforts.
Drive Hospitality & Multi-Resort Communications Strategy
- Alongside the Director of Communications, develop and implement hospitality and multi-resort public relations priorities in alignment with the hospitality marketing, hospitality operations and resort communications teams.
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate metrics to evaluate impacts and effectiveness of internal communications and third-party agency efforts.
Oversee Communications Efforts
- Manage crisis communications with property leadership, health and safety, legal and other internal or external partners.
- Ideate, plan and host media trips throughout the winter season, ensuring an Experience of a Lifetime for targeted media guests and influencers.
- Cultivate relationships with key media and influencers to maximize story placements that are in line with target KPIs. Research and ultimately pursue new media contacts, influencers and/or outlets that resonate with target audiences.
- Develop and maintain departmental budget and manage ongoing invoices.
- Develop and maintain media tools such as: online newsroom, press releases when appropriate, fact sheets, talking points, photo and b-roll assets, etc.
Be a Trusted Business Partner
- Facilitate interviews with subject matter experts across the division and provide appropriate messaging and preparation.
- Represent the division in enterprise-wide collaborative efforts, ancillary businesses and the Vail Resorts brand during travel or outreach to key markets.
- Create and implement new procedures and tools to enhance department and staff efficiency.
- Maintain reasonable availability for media and management teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in journalism or communications preferred.
- 4+ years public relations and/or related field experience required.
- Knowledge of hospitality, travel/tourism and/or ski/snowboard industries; familiarity with mountain and lodging operation procedures; crisis communications experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Cision, Microsoft Word, Excel and social media networks such as Instagram and Facebook required; experience with basic video/photo editing programs desired.
- Individual should also possess advanced writing skills, knowledge of established and emerging media, interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate consistently with a team that spans North America.
- Individual should be comfortable with frequent travel to Vail Resorts’ destinations and hosting journalists on the mountain while skiing or snowboarding, or identify alternative means to provide on-mountain hosting methods.
- Possess a passion for Vail Resorts and its unique brands.
- Possess a passion for leadership at every level and basing decisions on what’s best for the team and ultimately the business.
We offer a variety of career opportunities at our world-class resorts and corporate headquarters near Boulder, Colorado in fields like Finance & Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal, Public Affairs & Sustainability, Marketing, Sales & Communications and more. Our corporate team shares both a passion for the outdoors and a drive to re-imagine the mountain resort experience around the world. Learn more at www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 171015