Senior DSP Engineer
Vadum Inc. is seeking a highly motivated senior engineer with a strong background in digital signal processing algorithm development. This person will play a leading role in developing statistical signal processing algorithms to analyze streaming sensor data (e.g. RF, radar, communications signals, audio) for military applications. The position requires creativity, initiative, analytical thinking and interpersonal skills to facilitate effective interactions with internal and external customers.
- Use multiple programming languages (MATLAB, Python, C/C++, etc.) to prototype and implement various DSP processing chains and computational algorithms.
- Independently define algorithm inputs/outputs and interaction of multiple algorithms to achieve desired output products.
- Independently survey peer-reviewed journals for applicable algorithms to implement, prototype, or modify.
- Participate in all phases of development life cycle (requirements, algorithm prototyping, evaluation, test, and optimization).
- Work in a collaborative team environment to define, lead, and design end-to-end solutions for advanced R&D projects.
- Assist in generating technical proposals and estimates in support of applied research.
- Coordinate aspects of the project to meet technical, schedule, and cost goals.
- Operate with broad direction and require minimal supervision.
- Interact with customers, development partners, and vendors.
Skills & Experience desired:
- Background in digital communication, information theory, probability/statistics, estimation/detection, linear algebra, and pattern recognition. Experience with machine learning/artificial intelligence a plus.
- Familiarity with software defined radio (SDR), modulation schemes, complex baseband, and radar fundamentals.
- Experience using GPU acceleration a plus.
- Track record for putting systems/products into fielded use a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, strong initiative, attention-to-detail, highly organized, and personal commitment to quality.
- Ability to work well on multiple projects concurrently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate and explain DSP algorithm design methodology and system design decisions for both internal design documents and external reports or proposals.
Education: Degree(s) in either electrical/computer engineering, physics, computer science, or mathematics
Required – BS with 7+ years of relevant experience
Desired – MS with 5+ years relevant experience including production quality software development
This position requires a Dept. of Defense security clearance and is therefore open only to:
1. United States Citizens
2. Permanent Residents already in possession of a Dept. of Defense security clearance.
The Department of Defense handles and adjudicates the security clearance process; there are no costs for the applicant. Security clearance factors include allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
Vadum IncRaleigh, NC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.