Payroll Specialist - Contract - Immediate Need
Vaco Gilbert, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Payroll Specialist Needed!!
Vaco is seeking an immediately available Payroll Specialist with ADP Workforce Now experience for a 4-8 week project, to assist our client with multi-state payroll processing, data-entry, monitoring AP inbox, and time & attendance!
Note: Payroll Specialist will need to be on-site to be successful
Please review the job description below- if you are qualified and immediately available, please apply with an updated resume!
General Summary of Duties
The Payroll/HR Specialist needs to be good with numbers and can be trusted with sensitive information. Also, have great communication skills to interact with colleagues and executives. The goal is to ensure teammates receive the correct compensation in a timely manner.
The ability to build relationships, exercise good judgment, and work across multiple time zones in the United States is critical in this role. The successful candidate should demonstrate an understanding of Payroll, Benefits and HR Administration.
- Manage end to end payroll processing for company teammates by importing, proofing, editing, processing, and transmitting all payroll wages, deductions, reimbursements, bonuses, commissions, and taxes in accordance with federal, state, and local laws.
- Ensure timely processing of all new hires, promotions, and terminations utilizing ADP Workforce Now.
- Perform specific duties related to reconciliation of benefits invoices to ensure timely payment to carriers.
- Respond to employee inquiries in a timely manner.
- Partner with teammates, supervisors, and managers to deliver HR solutions in areas like on-boarding, off-boarding, garnishment inquiries, and other general questions.
- Analyze and audit payroll data for accuracy.
- Prepare journal entries related to payroll and HR related transactions.
- Process local, state, and federal taxes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven successful experience as a Payroll Specialist; Multi-State Payroll Processing – 3-5 years (Required)
- BA/BS in Business, Accounting, or relevant field preferred (or equivalent years of experience)
- Solid understanding of Accounting fundamentals and Payroll best practices
- Good knowledge of legislation and regulations of the payroll field
- Human Resources – 2 years (Preferred)
- Experience with benefit administration a big plus but not mandatory
- Strong knowledge of payroll software ADP Workforce Now - Required
- Proficient in MS Office; Advanced Excel User
- Trustworthy with attention to confidentiality
- Outstanding organizational ability with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills -written and verbal.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Vaco