We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we're the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You'll fit right in here if you're curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Sales at Vacasa?
If Vacasa's incredible growth didn't make it obvious, we're good at what we do. We're people people. We think on our feet and respond with tailored solutions. Our team has the street smarts, ambition, and talent to turn every potential market into a Vacasa community.
What we're looking for
Vacasa is looking for a strong Catering & Events Manager who is energetic and highly skilled in client and team communications and sales to join our team. This position will serve meetings and events for our Vail and Beaver Creek properties - mainly Lion Square Lodge in Vail and The Charter at Beaver Creek and Borders Lodge in Beaver Creek.
A successful candidate will be a strong communicator who is comfortable contacting new clients and relaying their meeting and event goals to the operations team. They can learn and adapt quickly, highly responsive, and find reward in building a strong organization. This person will consistently meet departmental goals while maintaining high customer satisfaction. They will demonstrate a track record of excellence as a team player who is self-motivated, reliable, and coachable. This position reports to the Food and Beverage Manager.
What you'll do
- Make initial introductions to clients after they have signed the group sales contract or upon receiving a new function-only lead in a timely manner.
- Identify the client's meeting and event needs and cater your response accordingly.
- Identify new business opportunities through sales calls, lead generation, lead sources, and tradeshows for group market segments
- Negotiate, prepare, and manage group proposals and contracts
- Develop new, maintain, and enhance relationships with key accounts
- Adapt to a variety of client types - i.e. corporate, wedding, social, religious, etc.
- Coordinate and conduct both pre and post conference meetings
- Conduct weekly Banquet Event Order (BEO) meetings in Vail and Beaver Creek with banquet managers and culinary team leads.
- Become proficient with catering management software programs such as Hotel Sales Pro or Delphi.
- Learn and execute catering contracts according to Vacasa's contract policies. Ensure groups are managed to expected policies outlined in contract terms
- Assist with the development of new banquet menus.
- Work closely with Operations as well as other departmental managers to ensure a seamless and positive experience for clients
- Assist The Black Diamond Bistro management team with communication and coordination of large group gatherings and events
- Cultivate relationships within the local clientele - businesses, wedding planners, associations, etc.
- Conduct on-site visits with prospective function-only clients
- Assist group sales managers, when available, with conference site tours.
- Flexible work schedule is required and may require evenings and weekends
- Billing and payment reconciliation
- Prepare and submit monthly reporting
- Other Duties - Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
What you'll need
- 2+ years experience working in catering or related field
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous Catering experience preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Travel between worksites will be required so this person will need their own reliable transportation
- Ability to stand, sit, and walk for an extended period of time
- Reach overhead and below the waist
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Bend, stood, kneel, squat and twist
- $50,000 - $55,000, DOE
What you'll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% individual coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you'll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture