L59-Senior Materials Planner
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Senior Materials Planner has responsibility for managing the procurement and inventory of materials needed for the antiperspirant and bar soap departments, and the production scheduling of those departments. This position serves as a key support function to Operations, Warehousing, and Logistics.
- Experience working with MRP, ensure raw materials are available for production
- Creates & manages material purchase orders, updates pricing, and confirms order acknowledgements.
- Coordinates material logistics through delivery of component & raw material inventory (this includes domestic and international purchases).
- Works with approved suppliers for product availability, stays informed of changes in market conditions, and ensures contracts are in place where required
- Ensures vendors have updated Specifications requirements and that all delivered product is within approved GMP Quality specifications
- Updates the production schedules as needed based on production, customer demand changes, and material availabilities.
- Confirms accurate stock levels of all raw materials & packaging components
- Responsible for leading departments’ planning meetings and informing Operations of schedule changes
- Responsible for communication of new sales orders to Operations team and ensures the production schedule is able to meet lead times. Also, anticipates planning based on customer prior year purchases & current stock levels
- Communication with customers (includes production reporting, and reviewing forecast demand, purchase orders, lead time on finished goods, etc)
Warehouse and Logistics:
- Manages inventory change control, financial inventory analysis, and ensures proper distribution of inventory for any discontinued, damaged and/or obsolete inventory items
- Communicates daily with the Warehouse on receipts of materials and transfers of released Finished Goods to customers’ distribution centers
- All other duties as assigned
BASIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Meet the legal minimum age requirement
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent working experience
- 5+ years experience in Production Planning, Material Management and Purchasing
OTHER REQUIRED SKILLS
- Proficient in computer applications such as relational databases, Microsoft Dynamics GP or SAP, Mircosoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access), and other related software.
- Broad knowledge of state of the art supply chain management initiatives and programs. .
- Capacity to implement materials management systems.
- Strong negotiations skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Purchasing experience in a consumer goods manufacturing environment
- Production Planning experience in a consumer goods manufacturing environment
- Requires sufficient physical ability to walk, stand, and sit; to frequently bend, squat, crouch, kneel, twist, and make other movements in the performance of daily activities; to reach outward, and lift, carry, push and/or pull moderate amounts of weight
- Work is performed in a manufacturing plant environment; exposure to dust and noise
- Sitting for periods of time working in front of a computer screen
The above statements shall not be construed as a complete description of all the work requirements.
VVF is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, including the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or that the person is associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of those characteristics, or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable law. VVF is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please or call Human Resources at (630) 892-4381 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
vvf intervest, llc
ManufacturingView all jobs at vvf intervest, llc