Program Manager, Huntsville, AL 2211005
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Program Manager, Huntsville, AL
VTS Group, LLC is a Service-Disabled Veteran and SBA 8(a) Certified Small Disadvantage Business owned technology solutions provider. We provide enterprise-class services with our 8(a) partners and are striving to fill a Program Manager position with an 8(a) partner.
SPECIFIC TO THE ONSITE WORK
Mission: This position is centered around the Huntsville, Alabama team and contracts where the focus is developing multi-mission payloads for small satellites in support of the Army Futures Command APNT/CFT and the Space Development Agency (SDA).
- Customer: Army Futures Command APNT/CFT and the Space Development Agency (SDA).
- Location: Huntsville, AL with travel to the D.C area
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocating resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Directs the work of employees assigned to the program from technical, installation, manufacturing and administrative areas
- Oversees program strategy and manages program management staff which is executing programs with multiple DoD and commercial customers.
- Drives program strategy & execution in order to achieve key business and financial objectives for orders, revenue, operating income, and free cash flow for new, continuing, or current programs.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Expands the product line with the customer.
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, performance Statement of Work (SOW) and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Manages highly experienced professionals, supervisors, or managers. Often leads one or more departments.
- Communicates with parties inside and outside of the organization on matters of strategic importance to influence senior leadership on new concepts, practices, and approaches.
- Establishes overall direction for new processes, systems, and solutions.
- Recommends and implements strategies and develops operational plans/goals that directly impact the mid- to long-term function or business area achievements.
- Requires advanced management, business knowledge, leadership capabilities and broad experience across multiple related professional disciplines.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering space qualified hardware.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Space and/or Satellite systems
- Experience leading and partnering with cross-functional teams, involving key stakeholder relationship management
- Experience successfully handling hardware/products to the government
- Masters preferred.
- PMP/PMI certification is a plus
- Active TS-SCI preferred
- Bachelor's in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum Secret DoD Security Clearance required with the ability to attain a TS-SCI Clearance.
- Indoors in normal office environment. May require extensive periods of sitting or standing. Frequent computer use at workstation for several hours at a time. Frequently work at fast pace with unscheduled interruptions.
Powered by JazzHR
VTS Group, LLC
Get fresh ALS Environmental jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.