- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to support the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (DASN) Ships team located at the Pentagon, in Arlington, VA. This position is onsite.
The primary functions of this Executive Assistant would encompass the below....
- HR support – primarily to prepare packages for personnel actions and prepare documents for paypool administration and performance action status tracking. Packages will go to Government Employee for review and approval. Human Resource Attributes are as follows:
- Experience with Federal and Civilian HR
- Should be familiar with OPM guidelines for establishing positions, demining proper descriptions for PDs, determining pay grade levels and staffing plans
- Assess civilian work job series, do position analyses
- Review position descriptions, be able to talk to supervisors to flush out duties of positions, understand the requirements of the position, ensure ASN (RD&A) is describing positions correctly
- Records Management – to assist the team in developing Records management processes and execution including preparing and submitting records for archiving to the National Archives. Familiarity with Navy records management process is a must. Records will be reviewed and final disposition determined/approved by Government staff.
- Tasks management process support – Will need help in the execution of distribution and monitoring tasks in the TMT system. Candidate will need to help create reports and track tasks routing, completion and dissemination.
- Ability to edit and format the Corporate Ops newsletter
- Other skill sets include good written and verbal communication skills, as well as knowledge of database management and the MS Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, One Note and Teams). Tasks will include development of spreadsheets to support Corporate Ops functions (including budget sheets, asset tracking spreadsheets, audit management spreadsheets, tasks lists, taking minutes for Corporate Ops teams, and others as required)
- SES-level EA experience
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote)
- 5+ yrs exp DOD experience within Human Resources
- Must have active DOD Secret Clearance and ability to maintain one
- Pentagon experience;
- Navy SES experience;
- ASN RD&A familiarity;
*Great Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Pet Insurance, 401(k) Retirement, Education Assistance, Gym Reimbursement and more!
VTG provides full lifecycle engineering and sustainment for aerospace and defense platforms, C5ISR systems, and critical infrastructure across warfighting domains. Our capabilities maximize mission performance, increase efficiency, and reduce costs—ensuring the warfighter is equipped to dominate the battlespace now and for generations to come.
A right-sized, middle-market enterprise with a global presence, we are large enough to offer the capabilities of a tier-one systems integrator yet agile enough to be responsive to each customer’s unique needs. Guided by our core values—integrity, diversity, performance, innovation, and teamwork—we are committed to high job satisfaction for our team, and high performance for our customers.
Whether at sea, in the air, on land, or in cyberspace, VTG delivers Tomorrow’s Transformation Today.
BusinessView all jobs at VTG
Get fresh Executive Assistant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.