Aircraft Mechanic III
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
VTG is seeking an Aircraft Mechanic III (VH-92A) in Patuxent River, MD, to troubleshoot malfunctions in various aircraft systems and performs general maintenance of the Presidential Helicopters Support Program.
- Troubleshoots malfunctions in various aircraft systems and performs general maintenance of the assigned aircraft.
- Performs daily and pre-flight checks to ensure aircraft meets flight safety standards.
- Services, repairs, and overhauls aircraft and aircraft engines to ensure airworthiness.
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand-tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet-metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers’ and service maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components. Inspects turbine blades to detect cracks or breaks.
- Tests engine operation using testing equipment, such as ignition analyzer, compression checker, distributor timer, and ammeter, to locate source of malfunction.
- Replaces or repairs worn or damaged components, using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Removes engine from aircraft, using hoist or forklift truck.
- Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Repairs or replaces defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring systems and aircraft accessories.
- Performs complex troubleshooting on Avionics/Electrical mission systems using test equipment.
- Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing crankcases, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- May service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.
- May specialize in work, repair, and modification of structural, precision, and functional spare parts and assemblies.
- May specialize in engine repair.
- Perform check out, removal, and replacement of Cartridge Activated Devices (CAD).
- Education: High School Education or equivalent. Specialty Training courses applicable to the functional area.
- Experience: Minimum of Six (6) years of recent experience on H-60, H-3, and S-92 rotary wing aircraft. A&P License/FAA Certification preferred but not required. Experience with military rotary aviation preferred. Shall have experience supporting Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and Integrated Test Teams (ITT).
- Knowledge: Working knowledge of military publications, drawings, blueprints, microfilm, diagrams and schematics are mandatory. Must be knowledgeable of supply procedures, IMRL accounting as well as Aircraft and Engine Log Books and Aircraft Accounting system.
- Security Clearance: Must be eligible to obtain a Top Secret clearance and YW access.
- Experience must be within the last five years.
- All personnel must be U. S. citizens.
- Individuals released from Military Service with other than “Honorable Discharges” do not meet minimum qualifications.
- Personnel performing under this contract shall meet the applicable qualifications and certifications specified in the DCMAINST 8210.1 and CNAFINST 4790.2 series instructions.
- Rotary Wing Aircraft experience required, S-92, H-3 and H-60 experience preferred H-3A/D and/or H-60 B/F/N series experience desired.
- Contract Cross utilization of aircraft skilled positions; i.e. mechanics, in support billets; i.e. Tool Room, Warehouse, etc. is preferred allowing for efficiencies and flexibility.
VTG provides full lifecycle engineering and sustainment for aerospace and defense platforms, C5ISR systems, and critical infrastructure across warfighting domains. Our capabilities maximize mission performance, increase efficiency, and reduce costs—ensuring the warfighter is equipped to dominate the battlespace now and for generations to come.
A right-sized, middle-market enterprise with a global presence, we are large enough to offer the capabilities of a tier-one systems integrator yet agile enough to be responsive to each customer’s unique needs. Guided by our core values—integrity, diversity, performance, innovation, and teamwork—we are committed to high job satisfaction for our team, and high performance for our customers.
Whether at sea, in the air, on land, or in cyberspace, VTG delivers Tomorrow’s Transformation Today.
AddressLexington Park, MD
TravelView all jobs at VTG
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?