Join a Contracts team that supports the delivery of mission critical capabilities across a diverse portfolio of government customers. The Contracts organization is the trusted business partner managing customer relationships, negotiating deals, creating innovative solutions, and providing regulatory knowledge to our customers.
VT Group is seeking an highly adaptable, Principal Contracts Administrator to work predominately within the Aviation Solutions Division The Aviation Solutions Division provides mission support in the areas of programmatic, integrated logistics, training, maintenance, acquisition management, and analytic support solution for fixed, rotary, and tiltrotor winged aircraft – as well as worldwide management, operations, and sustainment support of advanced Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) across multiple platforms.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with company policies, legal and customer requirements with limited guidance or supervision from the Contracts Director. The successful candidate will need to interpret and communicate business commitments and alternatives to the program team and management. This position requires a solid foundational knowledge of government contracting methods, applicable laws and regulations and the ability to develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers, especially in challenging and sometimes demanding situations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the U.S. government acquisition and procurement environment, the Contracts function and relevant Company policies and procedures, commercial contracting methods, export, FAR/DFAR, and other government regulations. Acquire a general understanding of the different pricing environments relevant in government contracting.
- Support and lead assigned proposal activities including, but not limited to, analyzing of the solicitation, preparing summaries based on the analysis, with attention to the financial and business risk of the proposed effort, participating in all proposal team meetings, preparing the terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted, reviewing the technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency, and preparing proposal documents and submittal to the customer. Responsibilities also include coordinating with other company functions as required to ensure appropriate reviews are conducted, scheduling required reviews and obtaining required review and approval signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
- Research and make recommendations on contract language and seek guidance on complex terms and conditions from Contracts Director. May negotiate routine or moderately complex contracts under the general guidance of the Contracts Director.
- Perform all aspects of assigned contract processing including, but not limited to, accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements, authorization for contract billings and other commitments.
- Under the supervision of the Contracts Director, support the preparation of various agreements encountered in the business, such as non-disclosure agreements (NDA’s), teaming agreements, memorandum of understanding/agreements, strategic alliances and others as the opportunity presents.
- Participate in final stages of assigned contracts by performing assigned activities associated with contract closeout.
- Maintain logs of proposals and other data as required and assists in data collection for monthly and quarterly reporting to management.
- Compile and maintain all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and company policies and procedures. Serve as the official repository for all contractual documentation and correspondence relative to assigned contracts.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the company and the customer for all contractual matters on assigned contracts and projects including auxiliary agreements such as proprietary information agreements. Draft, prepare, and execute certain internal and external correspondence on contractual matters with increasing levels of autonomy but under the supervision of a Contracts Director, commensurate with experience and demonstrated competence.
- Perform cradle to grave Subcontract Administration (to include but not limited to): develop, negotiate and administer subcontract agreements and execute other aspects of the acquisition process in development of new business proposals and resultant subcontract agreements; analyzing supplier proposals for all areas of compliance (cost / schedule / T&C / technical / etc.) and will be involved in supplier negotiations leading to subcontract and purchase order definitizations associated with suppliers and subcontractors of various size and capabilities within the industry; and understand cost/price analysis concepts and tools and be able to implement and complete
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of experience or 10 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must have excellent understanding of the government acquisition process
- Cost Type / Cost-Plus Contract experience
- Firm Fixed Price Contract experience
- Prime and Subcontractor experience
- Excellent knowledge of FAR/DFAR regulations
- Experience with agreements other than contracts (ex. NDAs, PIA, Teaming Agreements, etc.)
- Working knowledge of financial accounting, government cost accounting principles, and project budgeting.
- Experience performing Cost / Price Analysis
- Excellent negotiation, oral, and written communication skills
- Understanding of CPSR Audit requirements
- Experience developing and managing Small Business Subcontracting Plans
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- Able to work in a high paced environment and must be organized and detail oriented.
- Strong planning, decision-making, relationship-building, and coaching skills
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes in business conditions, competing demands, and unanticipated events.
- CFM or CPCM from NCMA