GRAPHIC DESIGNER / PRE-PRESS VT Group
Full-time Graphic Designer / Pre-press
Full Benefits Package and 401K
Competitive salary and Benefits
Candidate should be detail oriented with excellent layout and proofing skills and have experience with
print production and pre-press processes. Must be fluent in graphic applications including Indesign, Photoshop
and Illustrator. Must be able to work with multiple projects and be able to perform within tight deadlines, have strong written and verbal
communication skills and the ability to adapt to a changing environment and acquire new skills.
The successful candidate will be detail oriented, strongly organized and possess excellent design skills. Must be fluent in graphic applications including Photoshop and Illustrator. Must be able to work with multiple
projects and be able to perform within tight deadlines, have strong written and verbal communication skills and the
ability to adapt to a changing environment and acquire new skills.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following.
• Create designs and layouts for specific printed projects
• Execute revisions as necessary
• Prepare and create style guides
• Team player with other staff designers including constructive critiques, input and job completion
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, education and/or ability required for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB SKILLS/ABILITIES
• Results-orientated, deadline-driven and used to working in a fast-paced, team-focused environment.
• Organize, prioritize, and control job responsibilities.
• Work with minimal direct supervision.
• Must be proficient with relevant design related programs, including PhotoShop, Illustrator, Esko workflows a plus but not required
• Accurate typing and data entry skills via Macintosh & PC keyboards.
• Must be able to juggle multiple projects and perform well with aggressive turnaround times.
• Communicate effectively with management, co-workers and customers.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofing, grammar and spelling.
• Must be confident to take a project from concept to completion.
• Must have a thorough understanding of pre-press and printing.
• Problem solve technical issues.
• Ability to learn and utilize new technology quickly and accurately as it pertains to our business.
* Additional responsibilities/tasks within the position’s purpose may be assigned.