Multi-specialty surgeon's office has an immediate, full-time Licensed Practical Nurse opening. The right LPN will be an integral part of a minimally invasive outpatient procedure nursing team assisting a multi-specialty surgical team with pre and post procedure patient care. Expanded responsibilities involve:
• Confirming patient’s understanding of procedure being performed.
• Pre-procedure patient prep.
• Assuring supplies are on-hand for physicians performing procedure.
• Set-up and sterilize procedure area.
• Assist physicians with minimally invasive outpatient procedures.
• Document observations and procedures in patient’s electronic health record.
• Accurately updating patient's electronic health record with observations or notes.
• Post-procedure wound-care.
• Providing comprehensive post-procedure patient education.
• Informing front office staff of follow-up appointment timeframe.
• Autoclave applicable equipment.
The Ideal LPN candidate will:
• Have current BLS Certification.
• Be a Graduate from an accredited nursing program.
• Have an active LPN Kansas licensure (or obtain before employment).
• Possess in-the-moment direct patient care.
• Be seeking a career.
• Offer terrific listening skills.
• Demonstrate professional, kind patient care.
• Offer thorough post procedure patient care instructions.
• Be experienced with electronic health record templates.
• Athena experience is a plus for training purposes, but not a requirement.
If hired, YOU will receive:
• Work and life balance with no evenings, call, or weekend work hours.
• Comprehensive, collaborative training from Preceptors and Physicians.
• Employee medical, dental, life insurance (uniform allowance, too).
• Paid Major Holidays when office is closed.
• 401k, medical savings account, generous graduated PTO accrual.
• Full-time, Monday-Friday employment.
• Holiday Pay that is not deducted from your PTO accrual.
LPN: $20.00 - $24.00 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer