Learning and Development Specialist
VSECU Montpelier, VT
- Posted: 20 days ago
- $23 to $27 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k
Are you a cooperative, people-oriented person with a strong technical acumen? Are you an effective communicator who is able to build positive relationships while being aware of and responsive to the needs and concerns of others?
VSECU – named, by Vermont Business Magazine, as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont four out of the last five years – is in search of a Learning and Development Specialist that is genuinely interested in the needs of others and can complete detail-oriented work accurately and efficiently.
Our vision is to inspire a movement that brings people together to empower the possibilities for greater financial, environmental and social prosperity. If our vision makes you smile, inspires you and makes you feel like you could move mountains; we encourage you to consider joining our team!
SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to evaluate training and development gaps and needs in multiple areas of learning to provide high-quality training content and programs.
- Develop, implement and conduct training and development programs for new hire onboarding, continuing education classes, and new skills sets for existing staff on subjects related to credit union functions, including but not limited to products, services, policies, procedures, systems, programs and technologies, brand, culture and mission.
- Utilize various adult learning techniques and processes ensuring instructional design principles are implemented to deliver functional training through individual consultation, classroom instruction, workshops, online learning, self-paced learning programs and other methods as applicable.
- Partner in developing a learning center that maintains training tools, resources, course materials, reference documents, manuals and other information.
- Administer and evaluate training programs and learning activities to evaluate the success and effectiveness of training for individuals and groups and provide a feedback loop to appropriate individuals.
- Collaborate with and support HR in human capital management and develop and maintain a system to track and monitor employee training records, learning participation, earned credentials and transcripts in appropriate systems.
- Superb interpersonal skills and ability to connect easily with others.
- Engaging presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Eagerness and enthusiasm for helping others.
- Ability to provide constructive criticism.
- Ability to translate complex information into easily understandable and applied knowledge.
- Adaptable, flexible and patient.
- Proficiency using various credit union systems, Microsoft applications, and audio-visual equipment utilized for training.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience in corporate training, teaching, coaching, instruction or curriculum design.
- A bachelor’s degree in education, organizational development, human resources or business administration is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of credit union products, services, operations, systems and mission.
- Experience in training preparation and presentations.
- Knowledge regarding adult learning styles, training venues and corporate training programs.
VSECU’s normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, a strong retirement package with matching 401K contributions, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and paid volunteer time.
VSECU is an EOE
VSECUWhy Work Here?
Make a difference in the life of a neighbor with dedicated people just like yourself.
VSECU is always interested in meeting people who are committed to quality work, customer satisfaction, helping others to be successful, and working as a team player. We look for these attributes when filling credit union jobs so if you choose to work here, you’ll find yourself among dedicated people just like yourself.
1 Bailey AvenueMontpelier, VT
EducationView all jobs at VSECU