Data Processing Specialist
VSECU Waterbury, VT
- Posted: 19 days ago
- $18 to $21 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k
VSECU – named, by Vermont Business Magazine, as one of the Best Places to Work in Vermont four out of the last five years – is a credit union dedicated to improving the quality of life of all Vermonters.
Our vision is to inspire a movement that brings people together to empower the possibilities for greater financial, environmental and social prosperity. To excel at that, we need a diligent Data Processing Specialist with a thorough, self-disciplined approach to achieving accurate, detailed work. If our vision makes you smile, inspires you and makes you feel like you could move mountains; we encourage you to consider joining our team!
The Data Processing Specialist is responsible for maintaining the integrity of information by making sure that the daily processes and tasks are completed in a timely manner with no errors or exceptions. This position is also responsible for providing support to external and internal members, fielding inquiries, and fulfilling requests via telephone, email, and Microsoft Teams.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and process ACH exception processing, including: ACH Origination, Online Banking batch files, ACH disputes, and reclamations.
- Process the in-clearing exception processing, including processing of adjustments, return deposit checks, and check related disputes.
- Approve and/or process the outgoing and incoming domestic or international wires to also include business wires processed thru Online Banking.
- Perform a variety of tasks to provide administrative support for card portfolio programs, which could include ordering new cards, and/or the quality control of card orders, dispute processing, compromised card management, and instant issuance support.
- Balance the ATMs and process adjustments when needed.
- Balance mobile deposit items and process adjustments when needed.
- Review file maintenance reports, and quality control.
- Develop and maintain processes and procedures for assigned functions as needed.
- Ability to be accurate, multi-tasked and organized, comfortable working under pressure, self-motivated and able to work in a team environment
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills, comfortable working under pressure, self-motivated, be able to work in a team environment and be able to work independently when needed.
- Ability to handle data, generate reports and maintain accurate files.
- Ability to research account information and to respond to inquiries.
- Basic accounting, wire transfer and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others to identify, recommend and implement opportunities for increased efficiency in the department
- Good communication skills to deal with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to write documentation and procedures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in business or accounting is desirable with two to three years’ experience in operations or account servicing within a financial institution or a similar field, or a comparable combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the ACH (Automated Clearing House) programs, regulations, and practices within a financial institution.
- Knowledge of deposit operations products and processes
- Good knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office products and financial institutions account servicing computer systems.
VSECU’s normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm. This position will also require some afterhours support on a rotational basis. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, a strong retirement package with matching 401K contributions, tuition reimbursement, paid time off and paid volunteer time.
VSECU is an EOE.
VSECUWhy Work Here?
Make a difference in the life of a neighbor with dedicated people just like yourself.
VSECU is always interested in meeting people who are committed to quality work, customer satisfaction, helping others to be successful, and working as a team player. We look for these attributes when filling credit union jobs so if you choose to work here, you’ll find yourself among dedicated people just like yourself.
109 Demeritt PlaceWaterbury, VT
BusinessView all jobs at VSECU