Transportation Project Manager
- Posted: March 01, 2023
A Transportation Project Manager at VS Engineering will lead and support design services and project management for transportation engineering projects including transportation design calculations, reports, roadway modeling and infrastructure projects. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with Project Management experience who is energetic and eager to grow with a dynamic company. Our growth means your growth. If you are serious about career advancement opportunities and providing quality service to clients, come join our team!
Our Fort Wayne Office is a vibrant mix of experienced and developing talent serving NE Indiana and the great Fort Wayne metropolitan area. Our local staff includes expertise in public works projects serving city, county, and DOT clients, as well as providing resources to projects across our company.
A Typical Day May Include
- Project management responsibilities including monitoring scope, budgeting, staffing and production of assigned transportation projects
- Developing existing and new client relationships, leading staff and project teams, helping VS grow transportation project portfolio
- Working with clients to pursue project funding through available funding agencies while following funding agency practices and policies
- Preparing and contributing to portions of transportation project proposals, change orders, client contract and communication pertaining to specific projects
- Generating transportation designs aligning with the most up to date design standards
- Research and prepare preliminary reports and feasibility studies
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Civil Engineering or a related Engineering degree from an ABET accredited program
- Registered Professional Engineer in IN or KY or OH
- 7+ years experience is designing transportation infrastructure projects
- 3+ years experience managing projects and leading project teams
- Background working on public sector design projects like INDOT/ODOT, county, and municipal design projects, etc.
- Preferred technical knowledge / computer skills:
- AutoCAD Civil 3D
- ArcGIS, GIS, ArcMAP
- MicroStation / Bentley Open Roads Designer (required)
- Drainage software including StormCAD and CDSS (preferred)
- Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook (required)
- Adobe (preferred)
What You Offer Us
- Willingness to take on new challenges, skills, and competencies in a full-service engineering firm
- Ability to effectively discuss project timeline and issues with internal teams, clients and review agencies
- Thorough understanding of codes, legal and design requirements in relevant jurisdictions
- Capable of solving complex problems using professional judgement, creativity, collaboration, and innovation
- Excellent time management skills
- High attention to detail/quality of work produced
- Service oriented demeanor
What We Offer You
We provide you support from other highly skilled Project Managers & Technical Staff. In addition, we provide a 401(k) plan, rich coverage for major medical insurance, basic life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, generous paid time off (PTO) career development, remote work opportunities, and several others. We are proud of our family-like environment and our social events that prove work can be fun!
Our purpose is to serve the communities we live in. With a focus on what we value most. Client focused; Trust; Work Hard. Together; Knowledge
Work Environment & Conditions
This position requires ability to work independently, within a team, and with all levels of management in a fast-paced environment, effectively communicating, resolving problems and prioritizing tasks.
Field work will be required some of the time and might involve exposure to the elements. We anticipate this role to travel 1-2 days a week but require no overnight stays. A valid driver's license is required as work related travel may happen using personal and/or company vehicles. Mileage will be reimbursed if using a personal vehicle. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not intended as an express offer of employment and is subject to change based on the needs of the company.
VS Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
AddressFort Wayne, IN
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?