The Laboratory Analyst must, at a minimum, meet the following educational qualifications:
· (1) Earned a master’s degree or a bachelor’s degree in biological, chemical, agricultural, environmental, or related sciences from an accredited college or university; or (2) Completed 2 years of college or university education that included coursework in biological, chemical, agricultural, environmental, or related sciences from an accredited college or university, plus at least 3 years of full-time practical experience.
Candidates with the following skills are preferred:
· Working expertise with LC-MS/MS instrument tuning, calibration, and maintenance preferred
· Experience with SciEx instrumentation and software
· Experience working with challenging chemical compounds and mixtures
1. Perform wet chemistry techniques for sample preparation
2. Operation of instrumentation such as LC-MS/MS, GC-FID, GC/MS, and ICP-MS
3. Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses
4. Write technical reports or prepare graphs and charts to document experimental results
5. Monitor product quality to ensure compliance to standards and specifications
6. Provide technical support and assistance to other lab personnel
7. Maintain a clean, safe, and organized laboratory
8. Report issues that need to be brought to the attention of the Laboratory Director
9. Document assay non-conformances
10. Contribute to the team goals by accomplishing other tasks as needed.
· The Laboratory Analyst must be able to move about the laboratory
· Ability to lift 50lbs.
· Must be able to multi-task
· Must be highly motivated, detail oriented and be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment