PERSONNEL JOB DESCRIPTION -
RELEASE OF INFORMATION SPECIALIST
To ensure customer satisfaction and provide a favorable, positive image of Company by fulfilling the contractual agreements of providing Health Information Management Services.
• Greet and interact with personnel at client facilities. Handle and resolve customer complaints.
• Set up and maintain work station and keep clean.
• Assess and organize daily work.
• Maintain contact with regional office and provide information and data as requested.
• Copy or Scan, invoice and mail copies of medical charts per requests.
• Fax documents per procedures.
• Provide quality work and perform quality assurance on all requests for medical records.
• Organize process, package and transmit work as provided in Company guidelines.
• Maintain ongoing service of equipment. Clean the equipment often.
• Maintain inventory of work supplies and order on timely basis per procedures.
• Adequately train backup personnel to perform job functions.
• Review client hospital and VRC policies for assigned tasks.
• Process Fee Approvals as per procedures.
• Interface with Operations Supervisor and/or Manager as required.
• Participate in and attend training sessions or meetings as required.
Maintain good attendance and be on time.
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology and HIPAA regulations preferred
• Knowledge of modern office equipment and computer programs a must
• Interpersonal/human relations skills required to interact with clients and customers
• Organizational skills
• Telephone etiquette skills
• Ability to maintain records and files
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Three (3) months of healthcare training preferred
• Type 35 words per minute
• Ability to lift 10 lbs.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time
• Ability to exert physical effort maintaining and distributing files
• Company and Hospital Client training manuals to be read and completed and on-the-job training to be conducted by site supervisor.
Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
VRC Companies, LLC.Marianna, FL
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.