Technical Regional Sales Manager
- Expired: March 21, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
VPT, Inc., has an immediate opening for a Technical Regional Sales Manager selling DC-DC power conversion solutions into the commercial avionics, aerospace, military and space markets. This is a Technical Sales position and a BSEE or demonstrable equivalent experience is required. This position requires managing sales representatives as well as direct customer interaction in a solutions selling fashion that serves both the customer and VPT resulting in a Win-Win scenario. The ability to fully qualify a customer's technical requirements, match them with a VPT technical solution, and understand the business aspects of the opportunity is required to be successful in this role. Managing the full business process from new business opportunity to hand off to operations for order execution phase is required. The successful candidate will have strong technical & business acumen, ability to work independently, thrive in a fast paced professional team environment, and a curiosity that drives you to want to learn, solve problems and win business that benefits VPT and our customer base. Due to current territory considerations, working from our Bothell Washington sales office or a remote located office is preferred. Remote located office applicants are preferred to be living West of the Mississippi and required to be living in the US.
VPT, Inc., is a successful and rapidly growing aerospace, defense and space company focused on providing leading edge solutions to our customers. Our parent company, HEICO, stock is traded on the NYSE and has been named by Forbes Magazine as one of the World's Most Innovative Growth Companies, and Forbes has consistently ranked HEICO as one of the Best Small Companies for many years. Forbes has also recognized HEICO as one of America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies. Innovation, Growth and Values that make our parent company recognized by Forbes is reflected within VPT, Inc. as well. Our products are found in the most demanding applications requiring high-reliability parts and components such as commercial & military aircraft, commercial & military spacecraft, space launch vehicles and many defense applications.
- New Business Development - identifying, qualifying, presenting solutions & closing new business design opportunities
- Track New Design Opportunity Funnel status, prepare 3 month rolling forecast as part of a monthly managers report, annual forecasts and meet revenue projections
- Solution Selling approach - both direct to customer and through your team of representatives
- Manage client relationships through all phases of the sales cycle and account management within defined territory
- Conduct one on one & group technical sales presentations to clients both in person and via video conference calls
- Provide applications support to customer base
- Work with Applications Engineering and other various VPT technical resources to provide effective and timely solutions for customers applications
- Develop and maintain customer lists via CRM
- Manage all aspects of a sales representative-based sales force as well as direct account responsibilities as needed
- Work in a collaborative team environment where the success of the team is paramount
- Business travel 25% to 40% anywhere in the US. Territory responsibilities will be matched to what is best for the VPT Sales Team and may not be geographically centric.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Hungry, Humble and Smart
- High integrity
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Positive attitude
- Strong business acumen
- Extreme ownership - No excuses - Only solutions
- BSEE Degree or related technical degree with applicable experience
- US Person
- 5 to 10 years Technical Sales or Applications Engineering experience in Mil/Aerospace/Space markets or related similar markets
- Ability to work independently from a home office or from our Bothell, WA sales office
- Strong organizational, technical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiar with MIL-PRF-38534, MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-704A & F, and other Mil-Spec Standards applicable to Mil/Aerospace Market.
- Power Electronics experience - Technical Sales, Applications Engineering or Design Experience
- Understanding of micro-electronics, thick film hybrid technology, and Power Electronics, Space Electronics, Commercial Avionics, Defense Electronics and Radiation Effects
Salary Range: $100K to $200K base.
Base pay will vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job related knowledge, skills and experience. This position is Salary + VPT discretionary bonus based on company performance, team performance and individual performance.
VPT, Inc., offers an excellent benefits package upon full-time hire; including health and dental insurance, 401K with match, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays and paid time off.
VPT, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity/VET/Disability Employer
BusinessView all jobs at VPT
Get fresh Regional Technical Sales Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!