Meadowcrest at Middletown
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing housekeeping and laundry functions throughout the community in order to create a safe, secure, and inviting environment for residents, families and team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs cleaning duties according to schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) in assigned areas such as apartment homes, common areas, lounges and offices.
- Sweeps, dusts, dust mops, and wet mops all floors and stairways; spot cleans and vacuums floors, rugs, carpets and runners; rotates runners in hallways and entryways.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and polishes both lavatory, shower and sink fixtures and facilities; stocks dispensers as necessary.
- Dusts, washes, sponge mops, sanitizes and hand shampoos furniture; dusts desk and floor lamp, cleans and polishes glass surfaces, woodwork, walls, and windowsills.
- Scrubs bath and shower room tiles, wood work, window frames and sills.
- Maintains equipment and materials needed to perform work in a clean and orderly condition.
- Collects trash and refuse from work areas and places in designated pick-up areas.
- Collects, cleaning and redistributing the community laundry.
- Maintains the commercial laundry in a clean, orderly and sanitary condition.
- Ensures cleaning chemicals are kept stored and locked when not in use.
- Ensures any cords, carts, equipment and other hazards are always kept out of the way not blocking exits and in compliance with fire codes.
- Reports any needed repairs and supply and equipment needs to the Lead Housekeeper.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other skills required:
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
o Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
o Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
o Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
o Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
o Interacts with guests, residents and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
o Ability to respond promptly to resident needs.
o Supports organization's goals and values.
o Balances team and individual responsibilities.
o Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
o Ability to perform tasks with frequent interruptions.
o Ability to handle multiple priorities.
o Competent in organizational, time management skills.
Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision.
- Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Contributes to profits and revenue; Conserves organizational resources.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand.
- Continually required to walk.
- Occasionally required to sit.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Occasionally works around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to bloodborne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds / frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds / continually lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
- Close Vision
- Color Vision
- Additional remarks regarding work environment:
- Works primarily indoors in a climate-controlled setting.
- May need to walk outside to other buildings, apartments or villas.
Our community’s philosophy is our commitment to non-discriminatory practices for our residents, staff, and business partners. Through our cultural awareness, we celebrate the diversity of residents and staff by supporting various celebrations, history, and means of acknowledgement of all cultures we served.
Powered by JazzHR
VP Advantage Services, LLCMiddletown, DE
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.