Yard Manager - ETX
- Posted: over a month ago
Vorto is on a mission to increase sustainability and create more jobs by making supply chains more efficient across the entire value chain. Through powerful AI technology, Vorto's autonomous supply chain platform seeks to reduce carbon emissions caused by supply chain transportation, improve the lives of approximately 3.5 million truck drivers and create more jobs across all players in B2B transactions. We operate in a very fast-paced and nimble environment that is highly focused on a team-first, accomplishment-oriented culture that is passionate about the organization's success. Our products have been developed by a world-class engineering team that simplifies complex business problems to a degree where adoption is effortless. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
About the Role
Are you passionate about leading operational excellence in an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment? Are you yearning for an opportunity to utilize your creativity to grow a scaling process? We are looking for a Yard Manager to join us on our journey to facilitate a digital revolution in the B2B supply chain. We are a culture-first organization that works relentlessly to maintain our culture.
The Yard Manager is responsible for all chassis data input, ensuring chassis are properly assigned to carriers, ensuring chassis status, (ready line, in custody, needs maintenance) then coordinating needed maintenance and/or pickup and maintaining the data entry associated. This position would also occasionally be utilized to assist in others as needed, route recon, and driver onboarding.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing daily operations of equipment assignment and return
- Communicate with maintenance foreman to resolve equipment issues
- Ensure all equipment is operational before the driver leaves
- Coordinate yard activities and equipment moves
- Provide drivers with proper operational information of equipment as needed
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- 3+ years in truck operations or related experience and/or training
- Prior customer service experience
- Ability to inspect and identify equipment repair and maintenance needs
- Light mechanic work, repair shop, and parts maintenance experience is preferred
- Basic knowledge of phone apps to assist drivers
- Comfortable with learning and engaging on new technologies
- Class A CDL
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency in all projects and an ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as necessary.
- Ability to multi-task projects and required tasks in an organized fashion
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as self-motivated in individual projects
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written to all levels of the organization
At Vorto we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks, including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flex and Health Savings Plans
- Company-paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Company-paid parking or RTD pass
- Voluntary income protection benefits including Life, AD&D, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accident Protection Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free or discounted legal program
- Product & Services Discount Program
- Modern office space in downtown Denver with daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
- We supply the industry's best hardware and productivity software
Vorto is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.
ConstructionView all jobs at VORTO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?